This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game made you finally break down and get a SSD?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What game made you finally break down and get a SSD?
2 years ago#1
For me it was Assassin's Creed IV. As far as I remember it had the longest loading times of any game I have played.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
2 years ago#2
Battlefield 4. Though the only reason I bought mine was because it was an Amazon DotD a month ago or so. It really helps. The loading time when first joining a server is cut way down to what I consider to be an acceptable level. And when levels first load I can immediately start moving and doing stuff. Normally I would see floating guns running around for several seconds until everything loaded. If it wasn't for that DotD I wouldn't have bought the drive though.

edit: Being among the first people loaded into a match generally gives you dibs on any vehicle you might want to use. Also, I need to remember to edit posts not quote myself -_____-
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 780 ti SC| Corsair VengeanceLP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA Nex 650G| Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gb| Seagate 1 TB HDD
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
(message deleted)
2 years ago#4
I did not get it just for one game, but a game that really made me consider it even more than I already did was BF4. The loading times are pretty long, and become a LOT more tolerable if you are running it off an SSD.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
2 years ago#5
I didn't get one for any game, I got one because I built a new machine and it didn't feel right for it to not have one.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
2 years ago#6
Lonestar2000 posted...
For me it was Assassin's Creed IV. As far as I remember it had the longest loading times of any game I have played.

What?
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
2 years ago#7
None, I just bought it when I was building my first PC but I've got Skyrim on it now and I usually put a few multiplayer games like BF 4 on it. Right now I've got Titanfall and that's using up just about all of my space.

i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
2 years ago#8
no game made me get an ssd. i was building a computer and i knew an ssd was an important part of any new pc.
2 years ago#9
I bought mine for desktop performance, but whenever I have BF3 installed it goes on the SSD.

Titanfall is making me feel cramped.

Hopefully Dark Souls II plays nice on HDD.
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
2 years ago#10
I buy SSD for faster booting, I keep all my games on hard drive
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What game made you finally break down and get a SSD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived