This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question: how is Darksiders 2?

#1Chaos_MissilePosted 3/11/2014 9:11:01 AM
Title. The more I look at it, the more interested I'm getting

Also, do I need to play the first one to understand the story?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#2Epicness2012Posted 3/11/2014 9:18:12 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Also, do I need to play the first one to understand the story?

It certainly helps. And both the games are great.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bYgoJ.jpg
Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly
#3SnipeStarPosted 3/11/2014 9:31:51 AM
darksiders 2 is wonderful. and yes, i would recommend you play the first game first. its great btw.
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#4jake-sfPosted 3/11/2014 9:33:07 AM
First one wasn't terrible, I could finish it. The 2nd was just dreadful. Talk about a game that has no idea what it wants to be.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#5neroAngeloPosted 3/11/2014 9:35:43 AM
The gameplay and level design in DS2 is stellar. The story isn't great though. It's definitely worth getting.
---
PSWii360U - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 920 @3.3GHz, 6GB DDR3, 7850 2GB
#6Orestes417Posted 3/11/2014 9:42:18 AM
For the 5 bucks I paid for both bundled together it was a decent enough game. Wouldn't buy it off sale though
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#7LoshadtPosted 3/11/2014 9:49:40 AM
jake-sf posted...
First one wasn't terrible, I could finish it. The 2nd was just dreadful. Talk about a game that has no idea what it wants to be.

I'm inclined to agree. The first one was actually better.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#8Chaos_Missile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 10:14:10 AM(edited)
Forgot to ask, but how are the PC versions for both games? How playable are they with KB+M?

Also, I've seen quite a few video reviews, but Death can only dual-wield scythes? I've not seen a video review of him wielding a scythe with 2-hands. Only hammers.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#9Dark_SpiretPosted 3/11/2014 10:11:59 AM
they controlled fine on K/M from what i remember.

as for the games i really enjoyed 1 more. 2 has better combat and systems, but it drags on WAY too long and 1/3 of it feels like pointless filler with one of the worst dungeons iv ever experienced. Its still good overall, but it overstayed its welcome by about 10hours. Story i also didnt find to be as interesting as the firsts.
---
Currently playing: Darksiders - Doom 3 - Dark Souls
#10AnimorganimatePosted 3/11/2014 10:27:02 AM
Darksiders is one of the best modern series around. I would definitely recommend playing both, because they are in the same universe, but different types of games. Each game focuses on a different Horseman who have their own style, which is reflected in the game play. The original Darksiders (featuring War) is one of the best Zelda clones around, focusing on puzzle solving and a slightly slower fighting style. Darksiders II (featuring Death) is more platforming and faster action, with some Prince of Persia influences. It also features a satisfying loot system. Both games are worthy of a play through.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.