This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question: how is Darksiders 2?

#11farigontiPosted 3/11/2014 10:32:42 AM
Get it. Death is a bad *** and the combat is fun. If you get frame stuttering there's a solution out there on steam forums.
---
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#12akuma634Posted 3/11/2014 11:31:51 AM
Darksiders 2 is great, it really did a lot to improve on everything about the first game. The easiest way to describe it is that Darksiders 2 is the "mature Zelda" game that gamers have been begging for. A great thing is how well it controls on a keyboard/mouse as it does with a controller, I'd say they're both equal. It's a game where the controls are very responsive so in combat or when doing acrobatic stuff like wall running, if you mess up, then it's only when you make a mistake and not from the game being stupid. Another cool feature is the random loot drops, which does bring in a little of Diablo feel.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#13Fade2black001Posted 3/11/2014 11:34:45 AM
Boring
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#14Howling-Reaper-Posted 3/11/2014 11:39:10 AM
The first game is better, but the second is still pretty good.
---
There is no hope.
#15steveboblarryPosted 3/11/2014 11:43:36 AM
Its good but I kinda of disliked how it was basically a prequel
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#16Chaos_Missile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:03:28 AM
...that's a surprising load of recs for the first game. Is it really that good?

I like War's design, extremely badass, but I'd be lying if I cant see ANYTHING but God of War everytime I look at the first game. Except that War isnt as agile as Kratos based on what I played in Chains of Olympus(the only GoW game I've played btw)

I'm also watching through TB's WTF on it. One of his concerns is that the graphics are kinda weird. It seems optimised for 1080, but the actual output feel more like 720 apparently.

Also, those controller-focused prompts, kinda reminds me of the DMC3 PC port.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#17ElDudorinoPosted 3/12/2014 10:36:24 AM
I played the first game on the PS3 and the second game on the PC with a controller. It ran great, but I wouldn't want to play with a keyboard.

The first is an amazing game in my opinion, while the second is merely good. The first is very much like a cross between Ocarina of Time and Soul Reaver, which is awesome as far as I'm concerned. The second game has a weaker story and I think it suffers significantly for its level-up and loot systems. In particular, I found that every chest in the first Darksiders felt like a massive reward while the second game made chests kind of lame for the most part due to the random loot. Like, yay, I just spent two minutes platforming my way over to crappy boots I will now sell. The second game has a pretty sweet combat system, though.

I'd definitely recommend both, but it's the first game that I consider a must-play.
#18futureops99Posted 3/12/2014 10:44:35 AM
Sexxxy!
---
Call of Duty Online>Map:Xbox 360 Board>Mode:Troll Elimination>
Futureops [Predator Drone] Troll_Kurgan777
#19Majoras_pantsPosted 3/12/2014 12:26:38 PM
The second is so, so much better. But the first is definitely worth playing.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#20LoshadtPosted 3/12/2014 12:28:37 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
...that's a surprising load of recs for the first game. Is it really that good?

No, the first one was incredibly mediocre. It's just that it actually knew what it was. The second one is just completely disjointed and uninteresting, it didn't know if it wanted to be LoZ, Assassins Creed, some ARPG, etc.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.