This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a Processor; About $250 Budget

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me a Processor; About $250 Budget
1 year ago#11
There is no opinion, at that price range, the 4670K is the CPU to get. I know as of a couple days ago it was even on sale for $189 at microcenter, but instore pick up only.

The only other choice at this price range would be the i7 that someone else already posted.

If your primarity gaming/internets then the i5 will be great.

If were going to do something more cpu intensive the i7 may be better, but wont really improve gaming much.
1 year ago#12
SonyHoundDawg posted...
There is no opinion, at that price range, the 4670K is the CPU to get.

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
1 year ago#13
i5-4670k
or
i7-4770k
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
1 year ago#14
TC just know your motherboard has to match the CPU, if you're buying a CPU you're going to also buy a MoBo.
---
\(._.)/ Hi, my name is Lootman!
._.)/ http://i.imgur.com/KyOOLwU.jpg
1 year ago#15
SonyHoundDawg posted...
There is no opinion, at that price range, the 4670K is the CPU to get. I know as of a couple days ago it was even on sale for $189 at microcenter, but instore pick up only.

The only other choice at this price range would be the i7 that someone else already posted.

If your primarity gaming/internets then the i5 will be great.

If were going to do something more cpu intensive the i7 may be better, but wont really improve gaming much.

I see...

Well, thanks for the help.
---
I am Samurai Flamenco
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me a Processor; About $250 Budget

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived