This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crytek Showing Off CryEngine On Linux At GDC

#11Fade2black001Posted 3/11/2014 6:28:50 PM
1337toothbrush posted...
The sooner Windows can be dumped, the better.

Not for me... Linux is a b**** to use...
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#12AlexKidd5000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 6:30:36 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
The sooner Windows can be dumped, the better.

Not for me... Linux is a b**** to use...

Then you didn't use the right distro, because Manjaro Linux is a breeze to use, just as easy to use as Windows.
#13DiviDudePosted 3/11/2014 6:41:17 PM
Then you didn't use the right distro, because Manjaro Linux is a breeze to use, just as easy to use as Windows.

I've been hearing that one for years and years now, and it never turned out to be that way for me (although it is certainly approaching that point, in any case.)
#14AlexKidd5000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 6:53:09 PM
DiviDude posted...

I've been hearing that one for years and years now, and it never turned out to be that way for me (although it is certainly approaching that point, in any case.)

Just like how windows was for me when I first started using it, once you get used to how linux works, it's just as easy to use. I get the feeling that people assume that we are born knowing how to do things like use a PC, we aren't, as soon as they don't know how to do something in linux, they quit, and call it a piece of crap.
#15Fade2black001Posted 3/11/2014 7:19:27 PM
AlexKidd5000 posted...
DiviDude posted...

Just like how windows was for me when I first started using it, once you get used to how linux works, it's just as easy to use. I get the feeling that people assume that we are born knowing how to do things like use a PC, we aren't, as soon as they don't know how to do something in linux, they quit, and call it a piece of crap.

My first Windows version was 3.1 and I was like years old when I first used it. I knew how to do advance things in it as well like copy files. Well OK maybe its not THAT advanced...
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#16g7g7g7g7Posted 3/11/2014 7:26:46 PM
Good show Crytek!
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#17lucarioforprezPosted 3/11/2014 7:46:30 PM
This and SteamOS will only benefit Linux in the long run. I can't wait for linux to get more of a following.
#18New LinkPosted 3/11/2014 8:23:50 PM
snkboi posted...
why do people want to game on linux? that's like gaming on mac

Well... all games which are native to linux run better than their windows counterparts, and linux is a better underlying system as is with the ability to allow you to interface with it however you see fit.

I'd much rather that than having my games perform worse and having to deal with explorer.exe
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#19snkboiPosted 3/12/2014 9:47:04 AM
New Link posted...
snkboi posted...

Well... all games which are native to linux run better than their windows counterparts, and linux is a better underlying system as is with the ability to allow you to interface with it however you see fit.

I'd much rather that than having my games perform worse and having to deal with explorer.exe

if unreal engine 3 and 4 don't get linux support then it's pointless gaming on that platform
cryengine is great but only one or two developers have licensed it
---
i think it's nice
#20AlexKidd5000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 10:13:32 AM
snkboi posted...
New Link posted...
snkboi posted...

if unreal engine 3 and 4 don't get linux support then it's pointless gaming on that platform
cryengine is great but only one or two developers have licensed it

I think UE 3 and 4 do have linux support.