This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

General Consensus on Titanfall?

#11TheOceIotPosted 3/12/2014 10:52:40 AM
Clouddx posted...
I give it 3 months before the player count drops drastically.

That happens with every online game, but it doesn't mean that there won't still be tons of people playing it.
---
you just can't live in that negative way...make way for the positive day
#12r0ge00Posted 3/12/2014 10:53:28 AM
And to answer your question TC, most people will play it until the next shiny new thing comes out and then abandon it forever. Some might come back though. It won't matter too much to EA, because they'll just have Respawn pump out Titanfall 2 two years down the line or sooner.
#13triple sPosted 3/12/2014 10:55:34 AM
I love it. I love the randomness that can just happen at the flash of a second. One second you're ripping off the arms of a Titan when someone makes your Titan critical causing you to eject and you land on the enemies Titan and start shooting it up. A lot of "Oh ****" moments will be created on this. Kind of makes you wish that they would of really had a single player campaign seeing as the gameplay is top notch.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#14Logical_OnePosted 3/12/2014 10:58:05 AM
The only word I have to describe TF is FUN.

It's not the best game in the world but it sure is enjoyable. I'm usually more into game like CS (actually, specifically CS--been playing since 1.3) but TF feels like a mash-up between UT and CoD which works out surprisingly well IMO.
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#15ClouddxPosted 3/12/2014 10:59:02 AM(edited)
TheOceIot posted...
Clouddx posted...
I give it 3 months before the player count drops drastically.

That happens with every online game, but it doesn't mean that there won't still be tons of people playing it.

CS:GO has actually steadily gained players since release. =D So, no it doesn't happen in every online game.

Bout 30k players per day at the start, now up to 100k players per day.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#16pothocketPosted 3/12/2014 11:03:35 AM
It's good, really good, but I think it's a little too fast paced for the general gamer. I can see myself going back to good old TF2 for MP gaming after Titanfall starts getting old.
#17luminion187Posted 3/12/2014 11:04:53 AM
Watched alot of youtube videos and streams of this game. I honestly can't see the appeal of it. Seems that the game's main selling point are the titans/mechs but outside of that it's your typical run-on-the-mill FPS. Unfortunately the gaming community has a cult-like mentality and will blindly flock to whatever is popular. My critical post will probably be met with fanboyism and irrational replies boasting about how Xbox 1 is the pinnacle of human civilization and how I should 'go back' to playstation (even though I don't own a PS4).
#18triple sPosted 3/12/2014 11:06:51 AM
luminion187 posted...
Watched alot of youtube videos and streams of this game. I honestly can't see the appeal of it. Seems that the game's main selling point are the titans/mechs but outside of that it's your typical run-on-the-mill FPS. Unfortunately the gaming community has a cult-like mentality and will blindly flock to whatever is popular. My critical post will probably be met with fanboyism and irrational replies boasting about how Xbox 1 is the pinnacle of human civilization and how I should 'go back' to playstation (even though I don't own a PS4).

Wall running and the general movement give it a unique feel.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#19Logical_OnePosted 3/12/2014 11:12:17 AM
luminion187 posted...

Trolling?

This is the PC board--I doubt ANYONE would claim that the XBONE is the pinnacle of anything. Also, until you play it and feel how smooth the gameplay actually is, I would have to argue that you are not in a position to give any input. Obviously if TC wanted to watch gameplay videos he could (*read: he probably did) and yet he still wants to know what people who played the game think; therefore, one would have to conclude that the videos did not impact him nearly as negatively as they seemed to have impacted you.
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#20pothocketPosted 3/12/2014 11:23:04 AM
It's always weird seeing people "proud" of their opinions concerning games they haven't played. We don't care how many videos of other people you watched, your opinion don't mean jack or ****.