This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

General Consensus on Titanfall?

#31daemon_danPosted 3/12/2014 12:09:55 PM
Since it's entirely multiplayer and my internet provider has bee horrible lately (300 or more ping) I will have to wait to see if it's any good
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#32wizardmonPosted 3/12/2014 12:13:54 PM
I just got it for 33$ from my local gamestop, installing it now.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#33xpiritflarePosted 3/12/2014 12:17:19 PM
pothocket posted...
It's always weird seeing people "proud" of their opinions concerning games they haven't played. We don't care how many videos of other people you watched, your opinion don't mean jack or ****.

Isn't it also kind of stupid that in order to have an opinion of something you must have had purchased it?
"I dislike how this game looks/plays/whatever, I'm going to spend money on it and then regret it."

On GameFAQs, there's tons of people who bash the likes of Call of Duty and JRPGs. You can bet, especially for the latter considering its sales, that tons of people form negatives opinions on them without playing it.
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
#34DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/12/2014 12:44:46 PM(edited)
xpiritflare posted...
pothocket posted...
It's always weird seeing people "proud" of their opinions concerning games they haven't played. We don't care how many videos of other people you watched, your opinion don't mean jack or ****.

Isn't it also kind of stupid that in order to have an opinion of something you must have had purchased it?
"I dislike how this game looks/plays/whatever, I'm going to spend money on it and then regret it."

On GameFAQs, there's tons of people who bash the likes of Call of Duty and JRPGs. You can bet, especially for the latter considering its sales, that tons of people form negatives opinions on them without playing it.

Yep it is a bit silly. Both sides of the arguments. I think you can form an 80% accurate opinion via video alone but its also a bit of an assumption in all but the most linear of experiences. A game can play a lot different between players and seeing only a couple perspectives may or may not be indicative of the game as a whole. Titanfall looked like COD with mechs to me before the beta. I was totally going to write it off as such and had next to 0 interest in it. Then a friend gave a friend and I a beta key. We decided to give it a shot and it sold us both. Most shooters have annoying hiccups from the netcode, or getting stuck on geometry, or other technical issues. TF was the first shooter I've played in a long time where that just didn't happen. Every kill and death was warranted, I never fought with the controls to do what I wanted and it just felt good.

Point being, that yes a vid can be a great launching point for an opinion but it requires a lot of assumptions. Often times, these assumptions are flat out wrong and almost as often are spot on. A person who has played something has more relevance in their opinion than someone who did not.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#35Worknofun370Posted 3/12/2014 12:24:10 PM
xpiritflare posted...

It's fine to have an opinion on something without ever playing it. However, that opinion is going to mean pretty much nothing to other people.
#36pothocketPosted 3/12/2014 12:25:16 PM
xpiritflare posted...
pothocket posted...

TC is asking for the general consensus of Titanfall, goes without saying that (now that the game is out) he wants opinions from people who've played it.
#37MonkeymagePosted 3/12/2014 12:40:56 PM
Back on topic, I'm not a CoD fan, but Titanfall plays really well. I was worried about the map size, but I feel that in general, there's a good mix of maps that feel tighter and more enclosed, and larger maps where sniping is pretty viable. I'm also glad to see that they really designed them with the movement options in mind, there are multiple ways in and out of pretty much any area.

Having a lot more fun than I thought I would.

PCH folks add me on Origin, if you've a mind; Thecenturyslayer
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#38OreoBoy206Posted 3/12/2014 1:00:17 PM(edited)
The game is a lot of fun but I think one of the main reasons is because you always feel like you're doing good no matter what... You're always killing something whether it be bots or real players.. The game is kind of catered to making skilless players still feel pro but still allowing skilled players to have fun..

In other FPS multi-player games you're always facing off against real players (No bot kills to feed ego) so if you're bad at the game the real player opponents will make you feel even worse, which leads to rage..
#39KarnRX78Posted 3/12/2014 1:13:39 PM
Going based on the beta, the game is fun but not worth $60 or $50 for me. For $33, that's up to you. I'm waiting for $25 or less.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#40my_name_is_EdPosted 3/12/2014 1:16:53 PM
r0ge00 posted...
Lol, Russian game keys sites.

problem?
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png