This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pc gaming is so poor, going back to consoles

#101Droogie83Posted 3/12/2014 4:28:29 PM
Where would PC gaming be today if the Atari 2600 never existed?
#102pkdragonPosted 3/12/2014 4:30:10 PM
Ugh, the worst trolls are the ones who say "oh I was just kidding!"

or in this case "oh i was just being satirical"

this topic was lame from the get go but it somehow got worse.
#103turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 4:30:10 PM
Droogie83 posted...
Where would PC gaming be today if the Atari 2600 never existed?

The Atari 2600 was one of the best pc's next to the tandy's. If only they had used Linux. ....
#104KillerTrufflePosted 3/12/2014 4:40:11 PM
lol at TC claiming someone else is looking foolish.

1) An $800 computer will typically compete quite well with whatever consoles are current at the time. Immediately upon release of a new console, it'll be neck and neck, but as the consoles age and PC parts continue to mature, it pulls farther and farther ahead. And again - the savings in PC is in the games, not the hardware.

3) The majority of console converts won't be shooting straight to SLi. And by the time they do, they'll understand drivers enough to easily keep up with them.

4) You're equating stupid people forgetting to left-click something to "complicated controls?" No, there are just stupid people out there. Even One Finger Death Punch can't help them with that. Invalid complaint.

5) So a poll of primarily console gamers, by a primarily console retailer asked what form they prefer their media in, when the majority of major games are still sold primarily as physical media on consoles, with digital being primarily used for indie. It's hard to see, but I'm feeling like there may be a touch of bias and ignorance there. For the record, PC gamers resisted the switch to digital too, but it turns out it's a lot less painful than they thought. Besides, your point was strictly about "showing off your collection." F*** that. Most of us play games to play games, not just show the pretty boxes to the neighbor girl.

6) What the hell does US Internet speed have at ALL to do with the fact that aside from MMOs or multiplayer-only games like Counter-Strike, virtually all games can be played offline, which is exactly opposite of your stupid claim? Yes there have been a handful of exceptions, and there has been a pretty violent backlash against the developers for it. Luckily, they're exceptions, and they're a minority.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#105EnmaDaio2588Posted 3/12/2014 4:40:19 PM
ya know...so long as you buy food from star-donalds they won't mind if you hang out. If that fails, there are always libraries. I have a POS compy when it comes to gaming and even though I can't play the latest and greatest games from 2007, there are still tens of thousands of great games out there on the PC...but you're probably not interested in the things that can be found at GOG or the indie section of steam or where ever...
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#106Ambassador501Posted 3/12/2014 4:43:20 PM
PC gaming definitely sucks! Consoles are the way to go!
---
PSN: Bacon_Lord
#107Blobs_Posted 3/12/2014 4:45:33 PM
lol
---
is haha
#108OrgeLambartPosted 3/12/2014 4:48:03 PM(edited)
PC gaming is far superior to Console gaming, I was blinded for years and years and years... then one day I woke up.

That day was about 13 months ago. The Xbox one and PS4 were on the horizon... neither system backward compatible, I was looking at my 580 or so collection and saying #$@% once the new system comes out I'm gonna have to start all over again... this is horrible.

I bought my first game on steam... then I bought more, and more and more. I bought games I loved from the olden days of gaming which still worked on my system. I bought some of the fun games I'd played on Xbox back in the day, Morrowind, Star Wars knights of the old republic, etc etc etc.

I realized these games work on my system. I bought new games, I bought old games, I bought games that sold me other games that came out of the computer screen and flicked me.

Low and behold I know my games will still be working on my next computer, and the one after that, and after that, sure I may have to tweak a few settings or find a program to help get that game working but at the end of the day I can still play it.

The same can't be said for last gen games on the new gen console. Not to mention the games are bogusly high on consoles... pfft 10 extra dollars for licensing feeds. Digital games cost as much as a full retail release.

pfft... PC gaming is far and away the better format to game on.

As for exclusives, most so called exclusive games just mean exclusive on one console, but still come to the PC at some point. Sure you have a few that never make the leap, but ultimately PC's have more exclusive games in one year than both consoles will have in their entire life span.

So you take your 60 dollar brand new exclusive game....
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#109KillerTrufflePosted 3/12/2014 4:50:46 PM
Ambassador501 posted...
PC gaming definitely sucks! Consoles are the way to go!

Yeah, I know *I* prefer going to the store, buying a game for an incredibly rare sale price of $25, taking it home, putting it in the PS3, finding out there are hundreds of megs - or even gigs - worth of patches I have to apply before I can play it, waiting while the patches download and install while not being able to use the PS3 for anything else, and maybe being able to actually play the game after an hour or two (or worst case, a day or two).

That's SO much better than seeing a game you want on sale for Steam for $7.50 while you're at work, buying it, using a couple extra clicks to remotely start the download at home, and having it installed and ready to play - including patches - the instant I get home. Or buying the game from home and downloading it while I play another game, since my PC *doesn't* become a gigantic paperweight any time I have to update or install a game.

Convenience sucks. Consoles 4 lyfe.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#110Mangorush5Posted 3/12/2014 4:56:05 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Yeah, I know *I* prefer going to the store, buying a game for an incredibly rare sale price of $25, taking it home, putting it in the PS3, finding out there are hundreds of megs - or even gigs - worth of patches I have to apply before I can play it

This how you know this man child doesn't own a console, most games doesn't have you download some huge file unlike most pc games where you have to download multiple updates that comes close to a gig or so or the fact that most recent pc games need to download 49 gigs unlike consoles. Yeah man, pc 4 lyfe!