This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pc gaming is so poor, going back to consoles

#111WayavasPosted 3/12/2014 4:57:30 PM
turbogoon posted...
ITT people who think trolling as having an unpopular opinion. This is far from trolling sorry to disapoint like pc gaming.

thats okey, thats terrorism right there
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#112AlexKidd5000Posted 3/12/2014 4:59:55 PM
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy All work and no play makes jack a dull boy All work and no play makes jack a dull boy All work and no play makes jack a dull boy All work and no play makes jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes jack a dull boy
#113turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 5:03:20 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
lol at TC claiming someone else is looking foolish.

1) An $800 computer will typically compete quite well with whatever consoles are current at the time. Immediately upon release of a new console, it'll be neck and neck, but as the consoles age and PC parts continue to mature, it pulls farther and farther ahead. And again - the savings in PC is in the games, not the hardware.

3) The majority of console converts won't be shooting straight to SLi. And by the time they do, they'll understand drivers enough to easily keep up with them.

4) You're equating stupid people forgetting to left-click something to "complicated controls?" No, there are just stupid people out there. Even One Finger Death Punch can't help them with that. Invalid complaint.

5) So a poll of primarily console gamers, by a primarily console retailer asked what form they prefer their media in, when the majority of major games are still sold primarily as physical media on consoles, with digital being primarily used for indie. It's hard to see, but I'm feeling like there may be a touch of bias and ignorance there. For the record, PC gamers resisted the switch to digital too, but it turns out it's a lot less painful than they thought. Besides, your point was strictly about "showing off your collection." F*** that. Most of us play games to play games, not just show the pretty boxes to the neighbor girl.

6) What the hell does US Internet speed have at ALL to do with the fact that aside from MMOs or multiplayer-only games like Counter-Strike, virtually all games can be played offline, which is exactly opposite of your stupid claim? Yes there have been a handful of exceptions, and there has been a pretty violent backlash against the developers for it. Luckily, they're exceptions, and they're a minority.

Might I suggest a course on research writing you could really use it.

1) So not true, an $800 PC will not last an entire console generation. At some point you will have to upgrade.
3) You said in your own words drivers weren't and issue and didn't need to be updated to have a solid gaming experience. So therefor I feel I won this point.
4) Not invalid, people get confused, again lack of education does not equal lack of intelligence. I don't think you're stupid for not being able to do proper research.
5) Blizzard shows that boxed copies are still huge. Love them or hate them they usually have one of the largest launches.
6) It has a lot to do with PC gaming as most games on launch have a day 1 patch to make the game playable. Additionally I didn't realize that Simcity was an MMO and you could only play multiplayer. Oh and what about Ubisoft games or other Origin titles that require you to be online to authenticate at least once in a certain timespan. Online DRM will be the wave of the future just like all digital game purchases.
#114NeoMonkPosted 3/12/2014 5:04:42 PM
SNES is a nice start
---
Do you like Fantasy Baseball? Then join my league over at yahoo! MLB 14 The Show - ID# 128367
#115MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/12/2014 5:05:38 PM
Fine, I'll bite this time.

turbogoon posted...
1) So not true, an $800 PC will not last an entire console generation. At some point you will have to upgrade.
3) You said in your own words drivers weren't and issue and didn't need to be updated to have a solid gaming experience. So therefor I feel I won this point.
4) Not invalid, people get confused, again lack of education does not equal lack of intelligence. I don't think you're stupid for not being able to do proper research.
5) Blizzard shows that boxed copies are still huge. Love them or hate them they usually have one of the largest launches.
6) It has a lot to do with PC gaming as most games on launch have a day 1 patch to make the game playable. Additionally I didn't realize that Simcity was an MMO and you could only play multiplayer. Oh and what about Ubisoft games or other Origin titles that require you to be online to authenticate at least once in a certain timespan. Online DRM will be the wave of the future just like all digital game purchases.

1: Prove it.
3: Wrong.
4: Wrong.
5: Wrong.
6: Prove it.

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#116Mangorush5Posted 3/12/2014 5:09:08 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...

turbogoon posted...

1. How about you prove him wrong then
2. Right
3. Right
4. Right
5. Right
6. How about you prove him wrong then
#117turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 5:09:19 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...

turbogoon posted...

1: Prove it. - already did, GTX 480 wont pump out 1080p at 60FPS even in SLI for a full console generation
3: Wrong. Read his other posts and learn to read in general
4: Wrong. Would you call a resident doctor stupid because he doesn't have the same education as a fellow?
5: Wrong.Look at their sales and their investor portfolio, you have a PC, therefore you can google
6: Prove it Already did, this is recent factual data, Google it
#118MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/12/2014 5:13:52 PM
1a: It will if you turn the settings down.
1b: You can do a lot better with a $800 budget then a 480.
3: Ad hominem.
4: To be a doctor, you have to have a doctorate. An uneducated doctor is an oxymoron.
5: Burden of proof doesn't work like that.
6: Burden of proof doesn't work like that.

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#119KillerTrufflePosted 3/12/2014 5:17:51 PM
1) Straw man. I never claimed an $800 PC will last an entire console generation. Console games continue to be refined and optimized for aging hardware, while PC games continually push the envelope. Yes you need to upgrade at some point, and even then, it's usually going to just be a new GPU. Regardless, you're still going to come out far cheaper than consoles in the long run.

3) Wait, you're arguing that drivers exist or need updated *at all*? I thought you were using the old complaint about having to fix driver conflicts or problems. You do realize that drivers tend to keep themselves up to date automatically (or at the very least, notify you when an update is ready)... right? This point is even more stupid than I originally thought.

4) If you get confused about pressing a single button, I'm sorry, but you're stupid.

5) And Steam shows that digital downloads dwarf boxed copies. Zing.

6) As opposed to consoles, where when a game is broken on release, you often *can't* patch it right away. Kudos for twisting the argument in a painfully obvious (and blatantly stupid) way though with the SimCity thing. Maybe it was just your lack of education and proper research, and you got confused. That part where I pointed out that there are the occasional exceptions that require always-online anyway, and people retaliate against them WAS pretty confusing. If you're 2.

Also, you just jumped the tracks again. Your initial post:

turbogoon posted...
6: constant connection to the internet, I can only go online at Starbucks and McDonalds but they have a 60 minute cap on the table and Wi-Fi time how am I supposed to play? .

But suddenly:

turbogoon posted...
6) that require you to be online to authenticate at least once in a certain timespan. Online DRM will be the wave of the future just like all digital game purchases.

You know, I'm a firefighter/EMT if you need some help with that burn...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#120KillerTrufflePosted 3/12/2014 5:22:01 PM
turbogoon posted...
1: Prove it. - already did, GTX 480 wont pump out 1080p at 60FPS even in SLI for a full console generation
3: Wrong. Read his other posts and learn to read in general
4: Wrong. Would you call a resident doctor stupid because he doesn't have the same education as a fellow?
5: Wrong.Look at their sales and their investor portfolio, you have a PC, therefore you can google
6: Prove it Already did, this is recent factual data, Google it

1: Care to show us a console that can do it?
3: Asinine complaint, as addressed above.
4: I'd call an idiot console troll stupid because he continually puts forth ridiculous, old, or unfounded arguments... or because he can't find the oh-so-complicated left mouse button.
5: Steam.
6: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/first-degree-therapeutic-burn-cream/ID=prod6028542-product
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23