This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pc gaming is so poor, going back to consoles

#81RapierLordPosted 3/12/2014 3:22:53 PM
I have no idea what's going on. Someone made a stupid topic about why they don't like PC gaming for stupid reasons on the PC gaming board, some people called that person stupid and now that person is saying they were making a point. What's the point? If I say something stupid, I hope someone tells me I'm being stupid. You were intentionally (poorly by the way) making people mad, that's trolling and now this thread is even more stupid.
#82turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 3:23:11 PM
rusty12000 posted...
I feel bad for the TC, to poor to buy a decent computer, and must not have a half a brain if he doesn't understand how to use it.

I feel bad for you not being able to read.
#83Mangorush5Posted 3/12/2014 3:25:42 PM
turbogoon posted...
rusty12000 posted...
I feel bad for the TC, to poor to buy a decent computer, and must not have a half a brain if he doesn't understand how to use it.

Just pc man children being man children, don't mind them too much.
#84turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 3:30:20 PM
Mangorush5 posted...
turbogoon posted...
rusty12000 posted...

Just pc man children being man children, don't mind them too much.

Oh I don't, I think this is a fair representation of the board just in this thread. We wonder why we get hate for loving PC's so much when we act in such a poor manor.
#85Cade6669Posted 3/12/2014 3:32:46 PM
I don't see your point either and I know what satire is but it's a difficult thing to portray on a message board. Your opinion wasn't unpopular, it was stupid. People should tell you it was dumb.
---
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperKing61
I love you.
#86turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 3:35:21 PM
Cade6669 posted...
I don't see your point either and I know what satire is but it's a difficult thing to portray on a message board. Your opinion wasn't unpopular, it was stupid. People should tell you it was dumb.

So all the people who are new to PC gaming who actually have the outlined issues are dumb and stupid? There is a big difference in a gap in education and a lack of intelligence.
#87lost_withinPosted 3/12/2014 3:40:32 PM
turbogoon posted...
1: cost, I spend $499 on a gaming laptop from Dell only for it to be able to run games that look like a N64 could run. If I wanted retro gaming I wouldve bought a retro gaming system.
2: store knowledge, I really wanted a Dell due to the fact they stood on the shoulders of Packard Bell and became a computing juggernaught. The guy at Fry's kept trying to sell me something called a Sager. Who wants an off brand that is 4x as much for the same hard drive space.
3: drivers, I don't get the focus on this I'm playing a game not going on a road trip.
4: complicated controls, I shouldn't need a flow chart and an accell spread sheet to know how to play the game.
5: lack of physical media, my friends know I have a boss rig when they see the site of my Dell. In fact I get compliments on what a nice looking rig I have when I go to Starbucks to game. But how can I show off my collection?
6: constant connection to the internet, I can only go online at Starbucks and McDonalds but they have a 60 minute cap on the table and Wi-Fi time how am I supposed to play?

The makers of these games should cater to us high-end users more, it's no wonder why GTA 5 isn't coming out for the pc consoles.

I am going to respond just incase...

1.You bought a laptop for 499 and expected it to play current generation games.. and a Dell to boot... what where you thinking?
2 Dell is done dude....
3. You completely misunderstand what drivers are for, and they have nothing to do with road trips..
4. All the mainstream games have basically the same controls... also, it is "Excel" not "accell".
5. Starbucks? Find a real coffee shop, and nobody cares about your collection
6. How that the fault of your PC?

Go back to our console, nobody cares...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#88Aadrian1234Posted 3/12/2014 3:42:07 PM
turbogoon posted...
1: cost, I spend $499 on a gaming laptop from Dell only for it to be able to run games that look like a N64 could run. If I wanted retro gaming I wouldve bought a retro gaming system.
2: store knowledge, I really wanted a Dell due to the fact they stood on the shoulders of Packard Bell and became a computing juggernaught. The guy at Fry's kept trying to sell me something called a Sager. Who wants an off brand that is 4x as much for the same hard drive space.
3: drivers, I don't get the focus on this I'm playing a game not going on a road trip.
4: complicated controls, I shouldn't need a flow chart and an accell spread sheet to know how to play the game.
5: lack of physical media, my friends know I have a boss rig when they see the site of my Dell. In fact I get compliments on what a nice looking rig I have when I go to Starbucks to game. But how can I show off my collection?
6: constant connection to the internet, I can only go online at Starbucks and McDonalds but they have a 60 minute cap on the table and Wi-Fi time how am I supposed to play?

The makers of these games should cater to us high-end users more, it's no wonder why GTA 5 isn't coming out for the pc consoles.

Hey, next time you try and troll, don't make it so obvious. When you point out things that are blatantly obsolete, are just not true, or sound too much like a console fanboy, it becomes obvious. Try to relate to the topic before you start ripping on the product. Hope this helps on your career towards Internet hate!
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#89RapierLordPosted 3/12/2014 3:43:08 PM
I'm done with this thread. People who generally ask for help on this board, get help. People who troll, get ignored or called trolls, and how much help do you expect to get after insulting the platform. I generally don't understand your point but I really do want to see it because I've read every post in this thread and now I feel unfulfilled. Thanks.
#90Mangorush5Posted 3/12/2014 3:43:15 PM
lost_within posted...
Go back to our console, nobody cares...

You obviously cared if you had to respond to his post.