This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pc gaming is so poor, going back to consoles

#91turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 3:44:46 PM
Mangorush5 posted...
lost_within posted...
Go back to our console, nobody cares...

You obviously cared if you had to respond to his post.

this so much this. that and anyone who actually got mad needs to stay off the internet.
#92HoogovensPosted 3/12/2014 3:46:20 PM
Terrible, awful, pathetic attempt
#93turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 3:48:07 PM
Hoogovens posted...
Terrible, awful, pathetic attempt

92 posts I'd say it was a success in satire.
#94KillerTrufflePosted 3/12/2014 3:55:22 PM
turbogoon posted...
Cade6669 posted...
I don't see your point either and I know what satire is but it's a difficult thing to portray on a message board. Your opinion wasn't unpopular, it was stupid. People should tell you it was dumb.

So all the people who are new to PC gaming who actually have the outlined issues are dumb and stupid? There is a big difference in a gap in education and a lack of intelligence.

What issues? PC gaming IS cheaper, any way you slice it. The cost of entry might be a touch higher, but that gets made up several times over in savings on games.

Knowledge of salespeople sucks for EVERYTHING. They're not experts, they're there to sell you s***. Next you're going to say you're done buying cars because car salesmen are stupid too. Especially when that salesman is trying to sell you an Audi, which you decide is an "off brand" and you prefer your trusty little Corolla.

Drivers causing problems with gameplay was an unusual problem a decade ago, and might have required a bit of work. These days, it's rare enough you could call it myth or legend. Do you also hate PC gaming because you keep f***ing up the DIP switch settings for your sound card's IRQ? How many more ancient complaints can you dig up?

And complicated controls? So, like... keyboard/mouse, gamepads, steering wheels, joysticks, HOTAS, 3D mice, and all those other control options, yeah, I can see how they might be complicated controls. Gamepads are pretty damn hard to figure out (but then again, how is a console an advantage there, considering they have far fewer options?). But based on your post, I must presume that even One Finger Death Punch is too complicated for you? You literally can play it with one finger... maybe two if you're ambitious. But yeah, for some, I guess it's complicated. As to the *actual* complaint you claim to be referring to, seriously... any control scheme you can imagine is on PC. There's no way you can't find something that works.

Physical media is becoming less common because it's wasteful, takes up space, gets lost, and the vast majority of people play games to PLAY THE GAMES, not to be an ass and show off their collection. And even then, just show them a Steam list that takes a couple minutes to scroll down. Consoles are moving more toward eventually canning physical copies too, so you may as well get used to the idea.

Constant connection? Maybe for MMOs or online games, but that's a stupid argument. That's like complaining you can't drink coffee unless you have a cup or something to hold it in.

Bottom line is your post wasn't satire, it was stupid, and it was meant only to try and suck people into yet another argument with answers like I just provided. My previous post was completely accurate. This was not satire. It was stupid.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#95BigTee66Posted 3/12/2014 4:01:10 PM
turbogoon posted...
1: cost, I spend $499 on a gaming laptop from Dell only for it to be able to run games that look like a N64 could run. If I wanted retro gaming I wouldve bought a retro gaming system.
2: store knowledge, I really wanted a Dell due to the fact they stood on the shoulders of Packard Bell and became a computing juggernaught. The guy at Fry's kept trying to sell me something called a Sager. Who wants an off brand that is 4x as much for the same hard drive space.
3: drivers, I don't get the focus on this I'm playing a game not going on a road trip.
4: complicated controls, I shouldn't need a flow chart and an accell spread sheet to know how to play the game.
5: lack of physical media, my friends know I have a boss rig when they see the site of my Dell. In fact I get compliments on what a nice looking rig I have when I go to Starbucks to game. But how can I show off my collection?
6: constant connection to the internet, I can only go online at Starbucks and McDonalds but they have a 60 minute cap on the table and Wi-Fi time how am I supposed to play?

The makers of these games should cater to us high-end users more, it's no wonder why GTA 5 isn't coming out for the pc consoles.

I want to point ans laugh but, ill be nice

YOU DOING IT WRONG!!!!
---
http://i.imgur.com/41CLB9S.jpg
#96killkountPosted 3/12/2014 4:06:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#97somebody336Posted 3/12/2014 4:08:16 PM
Wow,cant believe this thread is still going >_>
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#98mjc0961Posted 3/12/2014 4:11:13 PM
turbogoon posted...
1: cost, I spend $499 on a gaming laptop from Dell

http://cdn.epicski.com/2/24/24d52330_unsuccessful-troll.jpeg
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#99turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 4:19:03 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
turbogoon posted...
Cade6669 posted...
I don't see your point either and I know what satire is but it's a difficult thing to portray on a message board. Your opinion wasn't unpopular, it was stupid. People should tell you it was dumb.

So all the people who are new to PC gaming who actually have the outlined issues are dumb and stupid? There is a big difference in a gap in education and a lack of intelligence.

Bottom line is your post wasn't satire, it was stupid, and it was meant only to try and suck people into yet another argument with answers like I just provided. My previous post was completely accurate. This was not satire. It was stupid.

Actually your post is anything but accurate.
1) People on this board constantly say that you can build a PC for $800 that will beat an XBONE and a PS4 which isn't true. That PC wont last. I paid $1000 for 2 480's at launch which will be replaced this year.
2) I agree with this one, so I will give it to you. The occasional nerd at tiger is a blessing.
3) With SLI driver updates are a must. Without them you get magic pink rainbows in the Witcher 2 and even WoW will give issues with outdated graphics drivers.
4) Do a quick look at this board and the South Park board and you will see a lot of mouthbreathers like yourself and posters 96&97 unable to control a game that reminds you how to play every 3 seconds.
5) Gamestop did a poll of its customer base which is the largest retailer of games and 80% of the consumers wanted physical media. The fact that CD's are still available after the three headed beast of iTunes came into play shows that physical media is still relevant and will be.
6) The US ranks 31st in the world for speed and usually only has 1 or 2 options for broadband. And 30% of America is still on dial-up.

So please before looking any more foolish stop for a moment and research.
#100shruikan3225Posted 3/12/2014 4:26:09 PM
Ah I see the problem, $500 dell laptop.