This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need a laptop to play....

#21ATARIJAWAPosted 3/13/2014 12:43:27 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Lenovo y510p has DUAL 750m graphics cards and a really sweet processor. I have one and it plays even really demanding games on high over 30fps. Best bang for your buck in a laptop and will only cost you 1100. Don't buy something with a 765m over it. The two 750s definitely roflstomps a single 765m

Edit: also, the Aorus X7 is definitely not worth the price. The Lenovo is 900 dollars cheaper and not all that less powerful

Yeah because SLI in a budget laptop with only 1 fan is a good idea. Seriously, people see the SLI of two weak cards and go nuts but it's an entry level gaming laptop. He said he has a budget much larger. Why would he settle for that?
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
#22Eagles931(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 3:35:42 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Lenovo y510p has DUAL 750m graphics cards and a really sweet processor. I have one and it plays even really demanding games on high over 30fps. Best bang for your buck in a laptop and will only cost you 1100. Don't buy something with a 765m over it. The two 750s definitely roflstomps a single 765m

Edit: also, the Aorus X7 is definitely not worth the price. The Lenovo is 900 dollars cheaper and not all that less powerful

Yeah because SLI in a budget laptop with only 1 fan is a good idea. Seriously, people see the SLI of two weak cards and go nuts but it's an entry level gaming laptop. He said he has a budget much larger. Why would he settle for that?

Bump
---
PSN : SlootSlayer11
LoL IGN: Merecat
#23daemon_danPosted 3/13/2014 5:45:01 PM(edited)
ATARIJAWA posted...
daemon_dan posted...

Because those more expensive laptops are actually weaker. And the Lenovo has two fans. One that connects to a vapor chamber that vents the heat from the first GPU and the CPU, and a fan connected to the removable graphics card. But I can see how you'd think incorrectly, having never seen one of these machines in real life. The Lenovo is a decent mid-range gaming laptop that plays high demand games on high settings at higher than 30 FPS. Sure, it's not as good as the desktop I built but it's a pretty powerful machine nonetheless.

Edit: the aorus and the asus are a bit more powerful, but nowhere near 700 and 900 dollars more powerful. Hell, the Lenovo has the same CPU as those two, only slightly weaker cards than the cards in the aorus, and the one card in the Asus is a decent amount more powerful than the 2 750s, but still not 700 dollars more powerful. And even with a larger SSD, subtract 200 for a 256 SSD to slap in the Lenovo and the asus STILL isn't 500 dollars worth more powerful
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#24Eagles931(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 6:56:39 PM
At the end of the day, I want this laptop to be able to play titanfall at high to max settings at full HD. I won't settle for less, If I wanted to play it at lower settings, I'd buy an xbox one (hell to the no)
---
#25daemon_danPosted 3/13/2014 6:59:09 PM
Eagles931 posted...
At the end of the day, I want this laptop to be able to play titanfall at high to max settings at full HD. I won't settle for less, If I wanted to play it at lower settings, I'd buy an xbox one (hell to the no)

The Lenovo will certainly do that for you. But like another poster said, wait till the modles with 800m gpus come out and see what they cost
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#26Eagles931(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 7:01:09 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Eagles931 posted...

The Lenovo will certainly do that for you. But like another poster said, wait till the modles with 800m gpus come out and see what they cost

yeah i'll wait it out, im not in a rush, just gauging my ideas for now.
---
#27staticxtreme5Posted 3/13/2014 9:52:51 PM
Well, I have the MSI GS70 Stealth and I love it. Its the thinnest and lightest gaming laptop on the market. Its about $1500, so its definitely within your budget. I can personally vouch for the build quality of it, its top notch. I think they are about to come out with a newer model though, with the 800 series GPU in it. At least I think I saw an ad for it recently...
#28cancerstormPosted 3/14/2014 7:50:55 AM
msi gt60 15" is around 1200-1300 with a 770m, get that plus an ssd
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#29PharohofLaptopsPosted 3/16/2014 7:49:09 AM
I need a laptop that can play titanfall in high or max settings.

Then you're going to be waiting for a very long time.