This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HELP: Titanfall ran perfectly for 3 hours for me...then it didn't

#1fulskiPosted 3/12/2014 3:42:15 PM
I was running the game quite nicely on medium graphics on my laptop before I tried hooking it up to my TV for a larger picture.

I unplugged the laptop from the power supply, brought the laptop to the other room and hooked it up to the TV via an HDMI cable. Upon playing it on the TV I noticed it a huge delay in my inputs but also the game was running slower, clunkier. I shut the game down and brought my laptop back to the other room and plugged in the power supply.

Started 'er up again and it was now running slower, clunkier much like it was on the TV. This now happens for other games like SC: HoS and CS:GO, both of which worked perfectly before this HDMI stunt.

Any knowledgeable computer people out there who might have an idea why this is?
---
PSN - FatherFulski
#2Bazooka_PenguinPosted 3/12/2014 3:45:54 PM
When you say clunky and slower do you mean the framerate or the input lag?
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#3popping4itPosted 3/12/2014 3:46:19 PM
make sure the power profile is set to high performance.
---
whens mahvel?
#4LvthnPosted 3/12/2014 3:53:04 PM
Probably one of two things:

- Power usage settings on the laptop when unplugged. Right click the battery icon in the taskbar to change this. Be aware that running a game like this may make your battery run out in minutes and is not advised.
- If the TV has a higher rez than the laptop and windows is autodetecting and adjusting resolution, this may be more than the laptop can handle at those graphics settings.
#5fulski(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 3:53:36 PM
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
When you say clunky and slower do you mean the framerate or the input lag?

I`m not real tech savvy but when I think about how to describe it I would use both
---
PSN - FatherFulski
#6fulski(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 3:54:22 PM
popping4it posted...

I did this and it still was acting up
---
PSN - FatherFulski
#7TheOceIotPosted 3/12/2014 3:55:49 PM
The resolution might have changed or messed up when you connected it to your TV.
---
you just can't live in that negative way...make way for the positive day
#8fulski(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 3:57:42 PM
Lvthn posted...
Probably one of two things:

- Power usage settings on the laptop when unplugged. Right click the battery icon in the taskbar to change this. Be aware that running a game like this may make your battery run out in minutes and is not advised.
- If the TV has a higher rez than the laptop and windows is autodetecting and adjusting resolution, this may be more than the laptop can handle at those graphics settings.

Before running the game through an HDMI to my tv, I ran it for several hours just fine on my laptop screen. It was after I unplugged the laptop (only for 5 mins, if that) to check and see if it worked on my TV and realized the severe input lag and massively slow framerate that I plugged it back in to the power source and that`s when things got weird and the laptop started playing it the exact same as the TV was.
---
PSN - FatherFulski
#9fulski(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 4:01:09 PM
TheOceIot posted...
The resolution might have changed or messed up when you connected it to your TV.

I tried messing around with the different resolution settings in game, my default laptop settings were/are unchanged.
---
PSN - FatherFulski
#10LvthnPosted 3/12/2014 4:10:46 PM
fulski posted...
popping4it posted...

I did this and it still was acting up

Default high performance settings may still dial things way back when unplugged. Does this still happen when you plug it in?