This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I died a little today. My kids want a PS4 and not my old PC.

#31UberLurkerPosted 3/12/2014 5:06:03 PM
This is one of those formative moments when your quality as a parent will be put to the test. Just like you should keep your daughters off the pole, you should similarly guide your children towards a sensible gaming choice.

DarkZV2Beta posted...
Kill it with fire. It's the only way to be sure.

I thought nuking it from orbit was the only way... I guess you (ideally) learn something new every day =)
#32killkountPosted 3/12/2014 5:09:05 PM
Mangorush5 posted...
Cade6669 posted...
They won't listen to reason. I tell them my old machine is better graphically than the PS4 and we could share a huge library of games on Steam with family sharing but all they care about is Skylanders. I thought they were raised better than this, I can't even look at them.

They probably know what's more fun than you do since gaming on pc isn't really all that great or all that fun, take your fanboy glasses off and open your eyes for once and stop forcing them on what you like instead.

looooooool

so many trolls on this board.

if gaming on PC wasn't fun I wouldn't be gaming on PC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#33Fade2black001Posted 3/12/2014 5:21:39 PM
Boge posted...
Kids don't know anything about quality. It's all about what's cool and trending at the time. The kids in school are all yapping about the PS4, not PCs. So of course you have to have a PS4 to be cool. If you have a PC and say,"Hey, I have a gaming PC which is much better than a PS4." then other kids will just say you're a nerd and outcast you.

I knew about quality when I was a kid...
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#34JavelinPosted 3/12/2014 6:11:27 PM
Cade6669 posted...
They won't listen to reason.

Of course the kids want a console. Kids are stupid. That's why they need to get their parents' permission for everything. They are not capable of making important decisions.

When I was a kid, I wanted a Nintendo. Of course I did, everyone else had one. My dad told me it was just a toy and a waste of time. Instead, he bought me a bunch of Infocom, Sierra Online and MicroProse games and told me I could play them on his computer. And that's why today I am vastly superior to the idiots on this board who say things like "should of been" because when I was playing A Mind Forever Voyaging, they were pressing right on a D-pad and mashing a button to jump over pipes (and 3 decades later, their kids are playing Flappy Bird and turning even more stupid).

Your mistake is thinking your family is a democracy. They are your kids. You feed them, clothe them and house them. Basically, you own them. And if you truly care about them, you won't just give them what they want, you will give them what is best for them. Believe me, they will thank you later.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#35swatkiller546Posted 3/12/2014 6:14:49 PM
dude this works every time show them Sims Theme Park for the PC and they will go bananas. They will love PC forever!
---
FC: 4768-7796-9687
#36sonic_man00Posted 3/12/2014 6:30:40 PM
Hey dude. Your kids don't want it? Give it to me.

lol
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#37NicodimusPosted 3/12/2014 6:51:31 PM(edited)
Javelin posted...
Your mistake is thinking your family is a democracy. They are your kids. You feed them, clothe them and house them. Basically, you own them. And if you truly care about them, you won't just give them what they want, you will give them what is best for them. Believe me, they will thank you later.

SNES for all of them. They'll be so disappointed with new machines after playing SNES that they won't accept all the lame things companies are trying to force on us with these new consoles.
---
My movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#38DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/12/2014 6:54:32 PM
you know what? you should buy him a PS4, and no games.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#39TruePowerSeekerPosted 3/12/2014 7:03:59 PM
Get them a NES. Every child should have to play games on the oldies so they can properly appreciate power when they are ready for it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX4leh13s8
#40ATARIJAWAPosted 3/12/2014 7:37:04 PM
They have Skylanders for PC.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112