This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo 3 is $20 right now at certain places

#11TheWhoFanPosted 3/12/2014 10:45:23 PM
How can people play a game like Diablo 3 on consoles is beyond me.

Then again, how can people play anything on consoles is beyond me. Ugh.
---
I would rather cut my two feet off than play on a Vita or a console. #PCMR.
#12blakegallowayPosted 3/12/2014 11:02:35 PM
TheWhoFan posted...
How can people play a game like Diablo 3 on consoles is beyond me.

Then again, how can people play anything on consoles is beyond me. Ugh.

Your neckbeard is showing.
---
Sometimes death comes knocking.
Sometimes it tears down the walls.
#13cynicwithin2000Posted 3/12/2014 11:27:36 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...
Says it's 30 dollars at Amazon for me, which of course is where I was going to buy it from. Is the game even worth 20 dollars? I loved Torchlight 2 but hated Path of Exile

It's possible. I loved T2 and thought PoE was trash. Game was ridiculously boring. D3 got boring initially, but since the update to 2.0.3, it's been pretty fun again. I got to play a bit of the new expansion and it was pretty good as well. Worth it to me.
---
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula | Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | AX1200i | 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS 2560x1440 |
#14CatToyPosted 3/12/2014 11:31:14 PM
There is a 20 dollar copy on Amazon, I don't have the link but I'm posting because the shipping time is between 2 and 4 weeks.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#15ProczPosted 3/12/2014 11:52:11 PM
What did the new content actually add that's worth doing? I enjoyed D3 off and on but it never held my interest for very long.
---
Go to work, get married, have kids, pay taxes, pay bills, watch TV, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law, and repeat after me...I am 'free.'
#16CatToyPosted 3/13/2014 12:03:28 AM
No new content was really added, it's coming with the expansion on the 25th. It did make the game more fun just in general to play. All the classes are FAR better balanced, and the new legendary affixes mean that you build your character around what gear you have rather than what the flavor of the month is. And you can actually find this gear too, instead of having to trade or buy it on the auction house, both of which are pretty much gone.

Just check out your class on the patch notes, see for yourself.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-live-2-25-2014
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#17ShubPosted 3/13/2014 5:52:27 AM
^ That is a good summary. The game is just more fun to play overall. If you're hung up on the fact that it's online only, then I can't help you, but outside of that, if you already own the game and haven't touched it for a while, now is a good time to get back into it. I actually suggest starting a new character. I still had a bunch of characters I had started around the time the game started, decided to delete my level 30-something wizard from back then and start a new one, so I put all my existing wizard's gear in my stash so I would have it for the new wizard, started anew, and by the time I reached the level I needed to use my old gear, my new guy was covered in better gear from head to toe anyway.
The new difficulty settings make the game more fun to play since you can basically play nightmare- or hell-like difficulty with a new character, it's more challenging without being overwhelming like it used to be if you didn't have the right gear.
I'd never reached level 60 before because I got sick of the game and its flaws at the time, so I never got to play inferno difficulty, but after getting my new wizard to 60 after beating the game in Master difficulty, I'm getting into Torment I difficulty (it goes up to Torment VI) and it's fun, challenging, keeps you on your toes, and there's good lewtz to be had.
I convinced a embittered friend to give it another shot, so he started a new character and I started a new DH to play along with him, and he's having a blast despite his initial apprehension.
I pre-ordered the expansion and look forward to it.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#18MonkeymagePosted 3/13/2014 6:02:55 AM
I got it for $15 on the day it came out.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#19ProczPosted 3/15/2014 12:11:54 AM
Interesting. I'm ordering parts for a new PC build soon, and will probably check out D3 again after I get it up and running. Thanks for the info.
---
Go to work, get married, have kids, pay taxes, pay bills, watch TV, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law, and repeat after me...I am 'free.'
#20ThePonyColliePosted 3/15/2014 1:58:55 AM
No steam, no buy.