This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In need of help with router settings. Complete noob at this type of stuff.

#11SlaynPosted 3/12/2014 9:19:08 PM
What happens when you change that second radio button from host to dynamic, does it ask for a specific port?
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#12Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:21:47 PM
I'm assuming you mean the one shown in the picture I posted? When I change that all it does is change the bottom right corner where it says to manually enter a LAN IP to 0.0.0.0
---
Sent from my iPhone 5s via PowerFAQs 1.14
#13SlaynPosted 3/12/2014 9:26:30 PM
Moon_Struck posted...
the first rule and has a selectable protocol (tcp, udp, or both) and then requires that I enter something for global portstart, global portend, and base hostport

I just noticed this. This is what you need. Look at the guide posted earlier for the correct numbers and if it's TCP or UDP. For instance the first one in the list says TCP 53. So change it to TCP in the box and then just type 53 in all three fields and then apply. Add a rule for all the ports in the list on that guide. It is asking for a range, so for instance if you wanted to open up a large range of ports ( say 53 to 58 ) you can just do it in one box instead of 6. In this instance you literally are just opening one port up at a time since it isn't a large range.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#14Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:32:36 PM
Thank you so very much. I will do this immediately and post in a few minutes as to whether or not that worked. Before I do though, would you please make sure I am doing what you are instructing correctly?

The first port I need to open is number 53. So I will click create, name it Xbox One, keep the radial button for port forwarding (not port triggering) selected, choose tcp, and type 53 in all three boxes.

Just repeat those steps for each of the seven or eight ports listed. That is what you're saying, correct?

I'm sorry to be such a nuisance, I just really want to fix this without messing anything up. I am so very grateful that you have been willing to help me.
---
#15SlaynPosted 3/12/2014 9:33:59 PM
Yes that is exactly correct. I checked with Microsoft, and they not only list the same ports, but actually redirect to that same website above.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
---
#16Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:41:44 PM
Should I keep it as host or dynamic as far as how the service will be activated?
---
#17SlaynPosted 3/12/2014 9:45:51 PM
Honestly I'm not sure. I believe it means that it is only for that specific IP address you enter manually, so your xbox's static IP ( you said you made a static IP right? ) vs opening the ports up on every device connected.
---
#18Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:49:57 PM
Yeah I made it static. I'll try it as host and if that doesn't work I'll try it as dynamic and post back here in a few minutes.

Again I can't thank you enough. I really hope this works and I haven't wasted your time. Cross your fingers for me, eh?
---
#19Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 10:11:08 PM
Alright a new problem arose... One that I'm not sure how to explain any better than this:

I opened all the ports as previously discussed and then unplugged my router. After thirty seconds I plugged it back in. Now none of my wifi devices are able to connect (laptop and iPhone) and there is a red light on the router. The Xbox One says it can't connect with an automatic IP address and to manually enter one. I manually set my IP address though. Also, the Xbox One is plugged in with an Ethernet cable. Any thoughts?
---
#20SlaynPosted 3/12/2014 10:13:05 PM
LOL why did you unplug it? Were you unable to connect wifi BEFORE you unplugged it or did unplugging it cause it?
---