This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I just made the decision of buying Battlefield 4 instead of Titanfall...

#11SlaynPosted 3/12/2014 10:32:51 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Slayn posted...
Someone asked me if I was interested in Titanfall, I asked why I would want to play 6v6 when I can play up to 32v32 in a giant battle...

Could be because making judgments based on numbers rather than intended experience is pure idiocy when both are perfectly valid design choices when implemented correctly. The only thing higher player counts guarantees you is a higher probability of screwing up the experience. Ask most veteran bf players about maps that were ****ed over hard because dice let moron admins overload them. And if you are one of those morons... Kindly get the **** off my game.

I am off your game. I have no intention of buying Titanfall because I like having large battlefields. If they announced Battlefield 4 was only 6v6 because it had the best balance, I would not have purchased that.

Don't understand why that angers you so much.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#12_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 3/12/2014 10:38:27 PM
Not a bad decision. One of the most fun things to do with shooters in general, but especially in shooters that let you use teamwork, is playing with people that you know. That alone is reason enough to play one game over another.

For example, even though I liked the beta of titanfall, I will stick to battlefield and CS because that is what the people that I know play, and I am having way too much fun playing with them to go off on my own and lone wolf in a new game.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#13Orestes417Posted 3/12/2014 10:39:00 PM
I was talking about Battlefield, not Titanfall. There's specific groups of players I'd be ecstatic to find had suddenly decided to take up knitting in that series. The ones who proceed to insist on making 24/7 Metro/Locker/insert grinder here at twice the sane map capacity so they can cower behind corners come to mind immediately.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#14SlaynPosted 3/12/2014 10:41:19 PM
Orestes417 posted...
I was talking about Battlefield, not Titanfall. There's specific groups of players I'd be ecstatic to find had suddenly decided to take up knitting in that series. The ones who proceed to insist on making 24/7 Metro/Locker/insert grinder here at twice the sane map capacity so they can cower behind corners come to mind immediately.

You sound angry.

Wanna talk about it?

One Sage to another.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#15AnatomyHorrorPosted 3/12/2014 10:54:41 PM
Slayn posted...
Someone asked me if I was interested in Titanfall, I asked why I would want to play 6v6 when I can play up to 32v32 in a giant battle...

Did you even play the beta?
#16SlaynPosted 3/12/2014 10:59:40 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Slayn posted...

Nope. Signed up for the beta a while back, never heard anything. Not sure if there was an open beta. Probably would not have bothered to download it. Small maps, small player count, looks like COD with mechs with how all the guns shoot, how the players move, the killcam, the near instant random respawns, doesn't look as teamwork oriented as Battlefield series.
---
#17DmanTeePosted 3/13/2014 3:41:00 AM
You made the right decision TC. I made the unfortunate choice of buying Titanfall despite not playing the beta. Titanfall is pretty much just a vertical COD with the superficial Titan aspect. If you're the type of person who prefers BF over COD, then you'd definitely will enjoy BF4 more than Titanfall.
---
FC 4270-1910-4066
#18DerPancakePosted 3/13/2014 3:44:32 AM
Slayn posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...
Slayn posted...

Nope. Signed up for the beta a while back, never heard anything. Not sure if there was an open beta. Probably would not have bothered to download it. Small maps, small player count, looks like COD with mechs with how all the guns shoot, how the players move, the killcam, the near instant random respawns, doesn't look as teamwork oriented as Battlefield series.

Teamwork? Battlefield? What...and btw BF 3/4 plays more like CoD than TitanFall.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#19pothocketPosted 3/13/2014 6:34:17 AM
Slayn posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...
Slayn posted...

So you didn't play it. If you had you might realize why the team size is the way it is.
#20snesmaster40Posted 3/13/2014 6:52:06 AM
There's several negatives to Titanfall compared to Battlefield 4. The lack of content is one thing many have pointed out.

I also discovered that there's an autoaim pistol that literally works like an aimbot. It aims directly at the head and can take out most enemies in one shot.

There's also the install size of 50GB, due to 35GB being the audio. That would feel more like a burden than worth keeping.
---
Are we not men?