This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Earphones vs Headphones. which are safer for ur ears?

#1XeedyofNamzyPosted 3/13/2014 4:14:15 AM
topic.
#2Rolen47Posted 3/13/2014 4:26:21 AM(edited)
Whichever blocks out the outside noise around you would be safer. People tend to turn up the volume when it's loud around them and turning up the volume is what's damaging. Earbuds tend to be a little loose and outside sound always gets in, a good pair of headphones should block out most outside noise
#3Mr kittyPosted 3/13/2014 5:18:21 AM
Earbud is much safer as decibel is lower than normal earphone. But you should also lower the volume if you want to not damage your ears.
---
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|11TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
#4Ch3wyPosted 3/13/2014 5:41:08 AM
Rolen47 posted...
Whichever blocks out the outside noise around you would be safer. People tend to turn up the volume when it's loud around them and turning up the volume is what's damaging. Earbuds tend to be a little loose and outside sound always gets in, a good pair of headphones should block out most outside noise

I'd agree with this.

Earbuds and IEMs have some concerns regarding wax build up and in increased possibility of infection, but both are a non-issue for most people.

Also I'd go IEMs over earbuds since earbuds generally have garbage sound quality. I find IEMs to be more comfortable as well. I prefer over ear headphones over both but those aren't as good for going out with.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001