This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo 3 worth the current 20 dollar sale price?

#21HypereiaPosted 3/13/2014 7:06:34 PM
With the new loot system, and with RMAH/GAH shutting down, the game is much more enjoyable.

You actually find useful items, playing feels meaningful.

It converted me, that's for sure.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hypereia
Origin/BF4: Hypereia
#22ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/13/2014 7:54:51 PM
Online only. People paid for it.

They waited 2 years for it to get minor fixes. LOL!
#23Ringo_88Posted 3/13/2014 8:14:49 PM
It was easily worth the $60 I payed for it, $20 is a steal.
---
i5-3570k@4.2///MSI z77 G43///Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB OC///8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600///Corsair 650w TX ///NZXT TempestSteel///Windows 8 64/// Hyper 212 Evo
#24mattcorley1212Posted 3/13/2014 8:32:28 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...
I had no interest in it when it was pay to win, but supposedly that's gone now. I really like Torchlight 2, the gameplay and style is fun, but I hated Path of Exile because of how out dated it felt and how many extremely common game mechanics it was missing. The 20 dollar price tag for Diablo 3 is tempting but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not

I just picked it up.. I played the "free" thing blizzard gives, and for 20$ its worth it. Get it and message me if you wanna play
---
"this fit like clothes made outta wasp"
Psn-Flipadelphia09
#25EGMRULZPosted 3/13/2014 9:32:02 PM(edited)
Honestly TC it is not worth the $20. People will say "oh sure buy it because it has soo much replayability" but the truth is after you beat it once (it doesn't matter what difficulty or mode since it's all the same), there is nothing else to do. Why would you want to replay it endlessly to level to paragon level 100? For what?

As a fan of D1 & D2, I actually paid $50 for the console version of D3 and was completely underwhelmed by the entire experience. I was impressed by the rave reviews and hype but it fell flat when I played through D3.I ended up trading it in after about 3 weeks of owning it. I'd say wait till it hits $10 or below because $20 plus tax is not even worth it. I didn't enjoy the characters or story at all, which is the whole point of diablo and was really unimpressed by the movies. D3 has some CG movies but a lot of them are static art pieces which is a bit of a downer with the story. I'm also completely avoiding the expansion obviously.

Let me ask you this...if you play a game and are uninterested in the characters and story, then what will motivate you to play?
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#26JKatarnPosted 3/14/2014 10:27:01 AM
USF posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...
considering Diablo 3 is worse than PoE which you didn't like, then no, D3 isn't for you.

Diablo's gameplay takes a huge dump on PoE. PoE's combat is probably one of the worst I've ever tried in any ARPG. It's clunky and ****ing boring.

I wouldn't go that far - the freedom of the diverse talent tree + skillgem system can give your character diverse abilities, but the actual combat is pretty basic. The effects are pretty nice, but it definitely doesn't have the "punch" of Diablo III - it's not bad, just not terribly exciting.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#27JKatarnPosted 3/14/2014 10:28:47 AM
Bossdog421 posted...
Diablo 3 > Torchlight 2> Torchlight 1 >>>>>>> PoE

"ZOMG Dont get diablo 3 itz online only lolololol... play PoE instead"

Diablo 3 was better than all of them before the new loot patch.

The combat/skills were fun but the drops were abysmal and playing through inferno with resistance/health gear was a slow dreck with very little chance of any payoff. The game IMO is 300% better after loot 2.0.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#28JKatarnPosted 3/14/2014 10:31:19 AM
EGMRULZ posted...
Honestly TC it is not worth the $20. People will say "oh sure buy it because it has soo much replayability" but the truth is after you beat it once (it doesn't matter what difficulty or mode since it's all the same), there is nothing else to do. Why would you want to replay it endlessly to level to paragon level 100? For what?

As a fan of D1 & D2, I actually paid $50 for the console version of D3 and was completely underwhelmed by the entire experience. I was impressed by the rave reviews and hype but it fell flat when I played through D3.I ended up trading it in after about 3 weeks of owning it. I'd say wait till it hits $10 or below because $20 plus tax is not even worth it. I didn't enjoy the characters or story at all, which is the whole point of diablo and was really unimpressed by the movies. D3 has some CG movies but a lot of them are static art pieces which is a bit of a downer with the story. I'm also completely avoiding the expansion obviously.

Let me ask you this...if you play a game and are uninterested in the characters and story, then what will motivate you to play?

Lol - "story and characters the whole point of Diablo"? Please pass me some of what you're smoking, it must be out of this world. The story/characters were always fairly basic and threadbare, the emphasis has ALWAYS been on the gear and skills - I think you're confusing Diablo with Baldur's Gate.
---
#29SinfullyvannilaPosted 3/14/2014 10:34:45 AM(edited)
I thought it was worth it at $60, and more fun than PoE and D2.

I'm not super picky about loot and stats though. I feel the "A" is just as important "RPG" in ARPG, and the action is a lot better than most ARPGs.

If you're still skittish though, I'd recommend Torchlight 2 or Titan Quest to get your fix.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#30Cool_Dude667Posted 3/14/2014 1:17:00 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
I thought it was worth it at $60, and more fun than PoE and D2.

I'm not super picky about loot and stats though. I feel the "A" is just as important "RPG" in ARPG, and the action is a lot better than most ARPGs.

If you're still skittish though, I'd recommend Torchlight 2 or Titan Quest to get your fix.

Was I the only one who thought TQ was extremely boring? >.>
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi