This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thief sure was bad.

#1ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/14/2014 2:18:19 PM
I bet some of the fanboys are feeling pretty foolish right about now.
#2pitt12177Posted 3/14/2014 2:19:38 PM
i reckon
#3Cool_Dude667Posted 3/14/2014 2:19:42 PM
I'd love to hear what you play all day.

If anything.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#4ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 2:21:17 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
I'd love to hear what you play all day.

If anything.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sweetjbro/games/

:^)
#5biohazard1775Posted 3/14/2014 2:24:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Q3p1vYVkE
---
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
#6DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/14/2014 2:28:51 PM
Isn't that bad. Definitely not as challenging (or clunky mind you) as the original 2 games. I have only hit chapter 5 though so if it really does get as bad as some have said, its still a 15 or less game. I only paid 12 dollars for a silver AMD card so I'm probably a lot more lenient.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#7jedinatPosted 3/14/2014 2:41:30 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Isn't that bad. Definitely not as challenging (or clunky mind you) as the original 2 games. I have only hit chapter 5 though so if it really does get as bad as some have said, its still a 15 or less game. I only paid 12 dollars for a silver AMD card so I'm probably a lot more lenient.

It's pretty bad.

-You have to guess at what the game is letting you/not letting you do. I stopped playing finally when I tried to leap a small gap and instead died after a short fall into a pool of water.
-People talking two rooms over sound like they're speaking in your head.
-You know there's something wrong with the game when you have to use a super power to "see" sound instead of, well, you know, just HEARING IT.
-Wealth to steal is just lying around randomly with no sense that it has any purpose or context whatsoever outside of being something for you to collect.
-Rooms you can break into feel like they exist simply for you to break into--nobody lives there, nobody uses these places. It's all just a ride at Disneyland. One of the crappy ones you don't go on.
-It faster/easier just to run up to guards and whack them to death than sneak around them. And sneaking around them is pretty easy.
#8pitt12177Posted 3/14/2014 2:44:47 PM
jedinat posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

It's pretty bad.

-You have to guess at what the game is letting you/not letting you do. I stopped playing finally when I tried to leap a small gap and instead died after a short fall into a pool of water.
-You know there's something wrong with the game when you have to use a super power to "see" sound instead of, well, you know, just HEARING IT.
-Wealth to steal is just lying around randomly with no sense that it has any purpose or context whatsoever outside of being something for you to collect.
-Rooms you can break into feel like they exist simply for you to break into--nobody lives there, nobody uses these places. It's all just a ride at Disneyland. One of the crappy ones you don't go on.
-It faster/easier just to run up to guards and whack them to death than sneak around them. And sneaking around them is pretty easy.

Hey some people like "Its A Small World".
#9DV8ingSourcesPosted 3/14/2014 2:52:43 PM
jedinat posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

It's pretty bad.

Sound design, I agree.
Controls? Haven't had an issue myself so far but I don't doubt you had issues with the contextual controls (which were totally not needed).
Loot for the sake of loot and feeling of rooms not being lived in have both been there since the first game
The point is to not interfere with the guards... if you touch them, that's your casualness coming out. Playing it with no detections is actually still stressful, plenty of times.

Besides the linearity, its a fun little game with plenty of secret rooms to find. If you wanted an older thief game you should have set the custom difficulty to more closely resemble that experience.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#10LordOfLegaciesPosted 3/14/2014 2:57:29 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Thief sure was bad. I bet some of the fanboys are feeling pretty foolish right about now.

No it wasn't, and not at all.
Enjoy your life of hatred. I'll enjoy video games.
---
Me: Nobody takes the appeal system seriously so nobody cares if you remove their appeal privileges. *removes my appeal privilages*
Yep, sure f***ing showed me.