This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Give me ideas on how to start off or stuff to do in Mount and Blade Warband

#1BigB0ss13Posted 3/16/2014 12:46:17 AM
I started a bunch of new games but never satisfied with how I am doing. Something like putting points for the same skills for multiple companions, which is wasted points, can make me feel like starting over or something like dying a couple times then needing to start over can have that affect too. So what I need is opinions on how I should start off and all of the things I should be doing that would benefit me a lot
#2jedinatPosted 3/16/2014 1:22:56 AM(edited)
I had the most fun when I decided on what kind of army I wanted to build and worked towards that. My favorite was wiping out everything with my horde of foot archers. I'd ride a horse just for speed on the map but get off at the beginning of every battle.
#3Darth_KamcioPosted 3/16/2014 2:37:23 AM
Give most heroes the surgery skill - it makes your soldiers not die in battle more often which in turn makes them stronger with every battle.

And if you manage to train 30 or so Nord Huscarls, tell them to hold position and stand close together... nobody's breaching that shield wall.

As for your hero, you can get a horse and train horse archery. You yourself would charge to the enemies and lower their numbers with arrows. Once they get to huscarls, they're dead.
---
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; pokemon name: Kamil
#4BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 2:50:01 AM
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Give most heroes the surgery skill - it makes your soldiers not die in battle more often which in turn makes them stronger with every battle.

And if you manage to train 30 or so Nord Huscarls, tell them to hold position and stand close together... nobody's breaching that shield wall.

As for your hero, you can get a horse and train horse archery. You yourself would charge to the enemies and lower their numbers with arrows. Once they get to huscarls, they're dead.

I read that the person with the highest skill counts toward the affect of the skill. No stacking so it doesn't make cents to give more than one person the same skill unless that person who said that is wrong
#5kingkeith9Posted 3/16/2014 3:49:32 AM
TC you are right about the surgery skill see if you can find Jeremus very early as he is the best medic.

recommend reading this for choosing which heroes you want. Once you have a good lengthy campaign I would recommend the Floris mod
#6BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 11:56:11 PM
bump
#7SlaynPosted 3/17/2014 12:05:35 AM
Get a lance, get some spearmen, have your cavalry flank from behind by having them manually follow you. Charge and have fun one shotting squishes in the back while your army decimates from the front. Nothing as satisfying as one shotting people with a lance on a horse.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#8BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 12:09:17 AM
Slayn posted...
Get a lance, get some spearmen, have your cavalry flank from behind by having them manually follow you. Charge and have fun one shotting squishes in the back while your army decimates from the front. Nothing as satisfying as one shotting people with a lance on a horse.

I tried that s*** and I cant coach for crap. How fast does my horse needs to be to do that? What's the minimum speed I should look for in a horse? Cause right now I got a 45 speed horse
#9chandl34Posted 3/17/2014 12:24:58 AM(edited)
I'm pretty sure Surgery stops working when your NPC falls on the field. The only character that should focus on it is your main. Same goes for First Aid.

On top of that, your main gives party skill bonuses, so increasing his party skills has a greater impact.
http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Skills
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#10BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 12:26:51 AM
But it would be useless to give multiple companions/heros or whatever they call them, the same party skills right? Because the game only counts the one with the highest skill level?