This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall, Thief, and LoS 2 and the state of high end $59.99 AAA game reviews

#1TitanPolarisPosted 3/16/2014 8:17:04 AM
The title says it all and where it is heading if we as gamers do not wake up and vote with their wallets! Titanfall is THE PRIME example of a game that big name companies like EA and other companies WANT TO SHOVE down our throats in the future, and do not say this as a CoD fan which I AM NOT, or as a SP minded gamer because I play the Battlefield Series and play Dark Age of Camelot MMOs. Also this IS AS LAZY EFFORT I HAVE SEEN compared to the Battlefield series and Joint Operations: TR by EA for a 59.99 USD asking price! You would have thought they have LEARNED their lesson after Sim City's demise but THEY DID IT AGAIN!!!

Thief and LoS 2 are also overpriced BUT are way more justifiable for their asking price than Titanfall!
These games are now so undervalued by these official web sties it is downright CRIMINAL!! I REALLY DO HOPE that gamers come out and GIVE these game an 15 out of 10 to STICK it to these reviewers and EA, because their IS NOW NO QUESTION AND EXCUSE FOR THIS BIAS FOR TITANFALL. NONE! I also hope that if those other games fail due to poor sales, which I DO NOT hope happens by the way, those developers Eidos and MercurySteam SUE THE CRAP OUT OF EA AND THE REVIEWERS FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in lawsuits for putting them out of business for UNJUSTIFIED SLANDER!!! It is time to play hardball with EA and other big name companies because the deck is so stacked is against developers that try to innovate and make a game worth playing for the price the publishers ask for, or in the case of LoS 2 trying it out via a demo (very old school way of thinking I know i.e. customer service something that was give in 10 years ago for video games!) before dropping money on the game to see if you like it or not. This is good customer service and IT SHOULD BE REWARDED, NOT SHUNNED OR SCOFFED AT if the product is good!!

Yeah it is trollish for me to say this, by being a troll because it is not in my very nature, and putting it in CAPS the ultimate way of being a troll I know. But I am downright ANGRY at the way the media handles the way AAA games like those of Thief, Tomb Raider, and LoS 2 and others go the way of the DODO BIRD by giving them bad reviews and making abominations like Titanfall, Call of Duty, and Madden NFL/FIFA the NEW GOLD STANDARD by giving them near IF NOT perfect reviews!

This makes for future games and making the AAA game Industry go down the drain faster than in the last decade while prices have gone through the roof and getting less and less total product and more and more DLC to make up for it. I am starting to feel more and more cheated these days as a gamer and I am now less willing to spend more blindly on a product like Titanfall. Those 2 new games Thief and LoS 2 as of NOW NEED 8.5 out of 10 if not a 9.5 to repair the damage done to AAA game makers that will GIVE you a game WORTH it's asking PRICE!! NOT the 5 and 6 ratings compared to Titanfall's near perfect ratings it got from GS and IGN, because what they are now saying it that Titanfall is on the level of The Last of Us, Final Fantasy, and Civilization IV as in ALL TIME GREATEST GAMES EVER MADE!! PATHETIC!!!!

IT IS TIME TO PUT OUR COLLECTIVE FOOTS DOWN as gamers NO MORE and say ENOUGH EA and your paid official review trolls on YOUR PAYROLL you use to HYPE UP crap games like this by making SURE this abomination FAILS and GOES DOWN HARD into the ashtray of gaming history!! Hopefully this happens and AAA gaming can survive, because if not the video game industry is as good as dead like the movie industry is today. Full of garbage titles that are worthless and just makes piracy that much more of an attractive alternative to spending money on a title that is not worth the price of admission. Bottom line make something we want as gamers and not what YOU WANT as companies to sell us to line your pockets and giving us a substandard product just to milk every last dollar put of us!!
#2Molt_CcCoyPosted 3/16/2014 8:19:05 AM
What is "Things I stopped reading because its ridiculous"?
---
beat the b**** up; jello pudding
#3MortalDangerPosted 3/16/2014 8:21:32 AM
Somebody's drunk
---
God Bless America.
#4Jprime666Posted 3/16/2014 8:23:09 AM
MortalDanger posted...
Somebody's drunk

---
Zvarri!
#5TropicMoon10Posted 3/16/2014 8:28:32 AM(edited)
The only worthwhile game released so far this year is Dark Souls 2. And it doesn't even count because the PC version isn't out

I'm serious but that's my opinion
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#6Darkcloud20Posted 3/16/2014 8:25:54 AM
You do know that writing in so much caps makes you look like a raging idiot but reading what you wrote makes mw think you most likely are.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#7SlaynPosted 3/16/2014 8:28:02 AM
I seriously couldn't read your rant, it's God awful.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#8Doomsday FortePosted 3/16/2014 9:16:36 AM
I'm quickly reminded of the store page for Marlow Briggs.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249680/
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#9pitt12177Posted 3/16/2014 9:18:32 AM
Turn off Fox news and get some air.
#10machetemanPosted 3/16/2014 9:19:09 AM
Maybe because Thief and LoS aren't as fun as Titanfall?