This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Never Buy a Creative Product

#1SampsonMPosted 3/16/2014 6:01:54 PM
Please, for the love of god, never buy a product from creative. It's nothing but problems and their tech support is impossible to reach.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#2TimePharaohPosted 3/16/2014 6:02:43 PM
Better PSA, never take advice from someone who quotes wayne,
#3wizardmonPosted 3/16/2014 6:06:48 PM(edited)
I will second this advice, Creative have been unable to code good software and drivers since XP service pack 2. They are the dinosaur of the audio world and their continued existence probably is a result of them being 'better' than onboard audio back in the 90s when onboard audio wasn't that great or non-existent which gave them a "good audio" social image with people who don't know any better.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#4SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 6:07:04 PM
Actually, I'm not saying don't buy a sound card.

I'll just be going with ASUS Xonar from here on out. I would rather kill myself than deal with Creative's driver problems.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#5OUberLordPosted 3/17/2014 6:28:13 AM
Unless you are using studio-quality equipment, a addon sound card hasn't been necessary for years. Creative especially has been garbage, largely since the transition era between XP and Vista when they decided to not only refuse to release Vista drivers for their products but take legal action against third party developers who did so.
#6ElDudorinoPosted 3/17/2014 8:57:51 AM
Don't listen to this guy! Somebody buy my PCI Audigy SE card!

... aw, who am I kidding. This thing's going to sit in my old parts storage area until I toss it out 5 years from now. I pulled this out of my PC when I installed my GTX 760 because the fans were right up against the sound card and I knew I would have a fire hazard / dead video card on my hands if I kept the sound card installed. I took it out, and it took me like 10 minutes to even remember why I had a sound card in the first place, since my audio quality is IDENTICAL with my on-board audio. And I even have a pretty decent sound system.
#7kill2thisPosted 3/17/2014 8:59:25 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
Better PSA, never take advice from someone who quotes wayne,

Coffee on my keyboard, Damn you TP you did it again.
#8dlfPosted 3/17/2014 9:00:26 AM
How about NCHsoftware? Tried 'switch' and one other audio product of theirs and they seem like the easiest to work with.
---
I have built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5jg - Minus a few parts (monitor @ moment)
#9GoIrish80Posted 3/17/2014 9:03:28 AM
Had a Recon3D sound card in my PC, never had a problem with it.

Switched it out a few months back to a X-Fi Titanium HD, same thing. No issues at all.

My anecdotal experience is no better than yours, I just get a little sick and tired of seeing people on the internet spout off their ridiculous BS essentially saying "Just because I had a bad (or good) experience, that means everyone else will too."

Give your opinion, say you're not a fan of Creative products, and be done with it. But stop acting like your experience will equal EVERYONE'S experience. It won't.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#10fataliPosted 3/17/2014 9:40:35 AM(edited)
You are moving from creative to Xonar, why do you want to waste your money? just use the integrated audio, you are not getting any improvements from buying sound cards.

10 years ago sound cards did made a big difference in quality, but today they do not make a big difference, and in some cases they are even worse than integrated sound. I have a pair of XBA-4 in ear that sound like absolute crap with Xonars because of the card's high output impedance, while they sound fine when using integrated sound.

---
Mystery is the source of all true science.