This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Never Buy a Creative Product

#31ShubPosted 3/18/2014 10:58:18 AM
How's your positional audio though? EAX/CMSS3D were the reasons why I ended up with my X-Fi Titanium HD, but perhaps I need to get with the times.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#32ClouddxPosted 3/18/2014 11:07:00 AM(edited)
Shub posted...
How's your positional audio though? EAX/CMSS3D were the reasons why I ended up with my X-Fi Titanium HD, but perhaps I need to get with the times.

Personally, I prefer to not use any type of VSS. I've played competitive FPS games in my past and was part of the #1 team in America and #2 in the world while playing that game(just for a little background). I've found it easier to pinpoint enemy positions without it, but that might just be me.

Even now as I play CS:GO, I have no problem telling where people are shooting from, how far they are by listening to their footsteps and so on.

I've also tried many types of VSS. I've owned: X-fi Titanium, Xonar DG, Razer Barracuda(which was true 5.1 headphones, they're terrible), g35 and some other headsets I can't remember.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#33ShubPosted 3/18/2014 11:05:45 AM
So are you saying the games themselves do a good job of providing those cues without post-processing by the DAC? I'm not a competitive player (used to be, Quake3 Rocket Arena, and then that wasn't at a high level) and knowing where the enemy was by listening to the noise they were making was invaluable.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#34r0ge00Posted 3/18/2014 11:07:59 AM
Shub posted...
So are you saying the games themselves do a good job of providing those cues without post-processing by the DAC? I'm not a competitive player (used to be, Quake3 Rocket Arena, and then that wasn't at a high level) and knowing where the enemy was by listening to the noise they were making was invaluable.

Depending on the game and how the sound engine is set up, it's possible. Everyone has their preference. I prefer using Dolby Headphone for positional audio.
#35Ch3wyPosted 3/18/2014 11:09:15 AM
I know CS:GO already has crossfeed built into the headphone setting.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#36ClouddxPosted 3/18/2014 11:10:54 AM(edited)
Shub posted...

Yes, I find that games even when outputting Stereo sound give me enough info to make prediction shots thru smoke. I can tell how close someone is to turning a corner based on footsteps, and elevation isn't even a problem.

Trust me, I know how valuable audio cues are and from my experience VSS off is just as good if not better than having it on.

Ch3wy posted...
I know CS:GO already has crossfeed built into the headphone setting.

I don't use the headphone settings in CS:GO either.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#37ShubPosted 3/18/2014 11:32:47 AM
I guess I'll keep that in mind if/when my X-Fi Titanium HD kicks the bucket then =p
---
-What is best in life?
#38SnipeStarPosted 3/18/2014 1:29:26 PM
the x-fi driver is one of the worst pieces of s*** ever coded
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#39electroflamePosted 3/18/2014 2:01:25 PM
I've had a Creative soundcard for years and it's been a total champ. I've never had any issues with it.
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame