This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gog's luck or suck sale

#1nightshadeAPosted 3/16/2014 11:31:38 PM
its actually called the pot of gold sale ... you pick 5 games and dont know what they are til they add in your library for 2 bucks a piece

luck if ya get a game ya want suck if ya dont....

i just wondered how they picked the games and if thye had a set number
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid
#2kobalobasileusPosted 3/16/2014 11:51:08 PM
Wow, that sounds like the worst sale idea EVAR.

But since it's basically the same mechanics as random loot that seems to be so popular in Diablo and Borderlands games that people will probably go nuts over it.

It might work if people could trade games with each other if they get something they don't like, but that would require too liberal of IP laws and Big Content couldn't tolerate that.
#3nightshadeA(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 12:34:20 AM
well i hit a snag it wont let me get past games i own ...
since ya have to buy 5 at a time i cant take off ones i have
---
#4arleasPosted 3/17/2014 5:22:41 AM
I think the random option is for people who want to make a bundle but maybe can't pick one of the suggested titles...I will pass on this sale.

I'll give them credit for one thing though: They're more inventive with their sale ideas. Not that they're all winning ideas, but they're certainly inventive.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#5AsucaHayashiPosted 3/17/2014 5:33:57 AM
that's pretty funny.

it's good they don't let you buy games you already own(you sure you can't reset it somehow?).

in order to not piss off people i'm sure they have a system in place so that 1-2 of the games will most likely be drawn from a pool of quality and popular titles(eg. planescape torment, BG2 etc.) and 3 from a pool of not-so-great-or-popular titles... and that's based on the assumption that the draw really is random to begin with.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#6samuraigaidenPosted 3/17/2014 6:38:49 AM
In the check-out screen, if you click on your browser's option to show the code behind the page, you can find out which games you are getting before the purchase. Very flawed model if they really wanted it to be secret.
#7TowerBooks3192Posted 3/17/2014 7:26:11 AM(edited)
Had $10 to spend. The games they put are non-promo games so most of them cost around $4-$5 and you could get them for $2. Tried one and I got System Shock 2, I have no mouth and I must scream, Giana sisters (the cheaper one), puddle and aqua kitty. I was interested in I have no mouth and System Shock 2 and I just count the others as bonus
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#8jokujokujokuPosted 3/17/2014 9:56:55 AM
You do not have to buy five mystery titles at a time. You must choose five games from the list they provide and/or the mystery titles. For example, you could buy Alan Wake, Hotline Miami, Brutal Legend, and two mystery titles.
#9the_dracolichPosted 3/17/2014 10:04:13 AM
Jack Keane is on the list. xD
---
Immune to criticals, criticism, negative board level, etc.
#10nightshadeA(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 12:30:18 PM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Had $10 to spend. The games they put are non-promo games so most of them cost around $4-$5 and you could get them for $2. Tried one and I got System Shock 2, I have no mouth and I must scream, Giana sisters (the cheaper one), puddle and aqua kitty. I was interested in I have no mouth and System Shock 2 and I just count the others as bonus

that was the first ones i got so there doing them in a set order then
---