This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinions and thoughts on a rig I purchased from Best Buy

#11DRAGON07891230Posted 3/17/2014 12:34:28 PM
Buying a new case is the least of your worries, a decent one is around $40-$50, but without looking you should be fine.

What you need is to get a decent power supply and GPU. Check pcpartpicker.com and look up a corsair cx500m and Nvidia gtx 760.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#12BogePosted 3/17/2014 12:40:56 PM(edited)
Why do people buy a computer and then ask if it's a good deal? If the sales rep told you one thing that isn't true about the PC, return it and get something better...not from Best Buy.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#13xXooWizzleooXx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 12:40:12 PM
Awesome. OK. I like the feedback I'm getting and will definitely look into doing what you guys are saying.

I guess the reason I went this route is when I was going through Newegg a few months back, I was picking parts out to build one and I was looking at well over $1,000 for what I was wanting. On the flip side, I was decking the thing out too with top dollar parts. This was before I decided to buy a PS4 because I was actually wanting to just switch over to PC and ditch any consoles.
---
26 year old father (baby girl & baby boy!) | Interest: Gaming, Anime, & Music
Steam: KiddSisco PSN: graciouslyknown | NP: Starbound
#14xXooWizzleooXx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 12:42:14 PM
Hey I wasn't asking if it was a good deal. I wanted opinions and thoughts so I know where to go from here. I knew I wasn't buying a PC capable of lasting the next several years lol.
---
#15xXooWizzleooXx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 12:55:33 PM
aak57 posted...
Dammit, hit delete instead of edit. Anyway TC, from what I can gather the HD 8760 is a rebadge of the 7770, which is a card that will allow you to play at 1080p. Will have to turn down some settings to be keeping 60FPS in newer games, but you could have done worse. Though honestly, unless you needed this now you really should have waited until the steam machines are out. The $500 steambox will be at least as good as what you bought and even factoring in a Windows purchase you'd still come out a couple hundred less.

Yeah I was debating that as well. I should probably clarify that I was also looking for a computer so my lady could continue her photography and photo editing. I figured that the 2TB of space and the ram would benefit. I also wanted a gaming PC too so I was trying to kill two birds with one stone in a sense.

But I appreciate everyone's feedback. I'm not upset about my purchase at all but I see I could have done better. At least I can upgrade it to be better lol. In the meantime it should keep me satisfied for now. Hopefully Skyrim will run fine on it because I like it way more on PC than consoles and I bought the anthology pack around Christmas.
---
#16ajxhPosted 3/17/2014 12:56:13 PM
xXooWizzleooXx posted...
Hey I wasn't asking if it was a good deal. I wanted opinions and thoughts so I know where to go from here. I knew I wasn't buying a PC capable of lasting the next several years lol.

You could have done better with $850. If it were me, knowing that would frustrate me because I like to stretch every dollar.
#17Lonestar2000Posted 3/17/2014 1:08:58 PM
Return that garbage to Best Buy and build your own.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#18JockoPosted 3/17/2014 5:56:24 PM
Overpriced and under powered. I wish you would have asked the board for help before making your purchase. You've made most of us very sad. Oh what could have been with an $850 budget . . . . :(
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#19killkountPosted 3/17/2014 6:07:06 PM
$850 could have gotten you a pretty snazzy computer if you built it yourself.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#2030aught6Posted 3/17/2014 6:08:42 PM
Take it back.
---
| i7-3930K | MSI BB-XP II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | TT Grand 1200W | SG 240GB SSD | WD 4TB HD | Fractal XLR2 |