This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about buying low and selling high in Mount and Blade Warband

#1BigB0ss13Posted 3/17/2014 10:34:06 PM
I've read that people say they set up a trade route between two cities where they buy stuff for cheap then go to another city and sell the stuff for a lot then repeat the same thing. Wouldn't the stuff that people bought for cheap be expensive now that there is less of those items? Also I read that people have created a chart listing stuff that is cheap and where to sell but stuff don't stay the same price in game...unless I'm wrong. I'd also like tips on how to make money from buying low and selling high. I want to do this at the beginning of the game to start off rich. I am playing with no mods until I get bored with vanilla version of the game
#2kingkeith9Posted 3/18/2014 1:34:00 AM
The wiki has info on this kind of stuff
#3TowerBooks3192Posted 3/18/2014 7:27:29 AM
Go and register on the taleworlds forum and you can find a lot of answers there. They also have all sorts of guides, updates on Bannerlord and tons of stuff. I would advise you to go there ASAP. As to how active it is, I don't know because I only went to specific mods forum
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#4SinisterSlayPosted 3/18/2014 7:30:21 AM
I think you just need points in the trade skill, and just have to do the market observation thing in towns.
Although easiest solution is to buy from villages and deliver to a far away town, its pretty much always a profit.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5chandl34Posted 3/18/2014 11:46:58 AM(edited)
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Trade

I usually trade spices and iron.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#6TowerBooks3192Posted 3/19/2014 12:50:28 AM
chandl34 posted...

Isn't this the one for the 1st game and not warband?

Ok since I am here I might as well start giving out some of my advice:

I usually start in Swadia and trade ale from praven to suno just to get me started (purchase at 70-90 then sell at around over a 100 but not under 95) Then I go to Curaw and get some Iron (I usually get them at around 150-250 and never sell them below 300. I then go to check Reyvadin (the northernmost city) for silk and buy them for around 280-300+ and they go for around 700 in cities like Praven or Rhodok cities. I then go to check for salt in Wercheg (I usually get them for under a 200 and sell them for 250-300.) Then I go back to Praven and Suno to get ale and oil. I also check the steppe cities (I got faction names mixed up due to countless mods that I forgot what its called in vanilla) and check for Spices (I think they go as low as 380-400+ and would fetch around 600-800 in other cities.). I forgot what are cheap stuff that you could buy in Sarranid lands but I think you could get dye and dates cheap in their cities.
---
#7YoungAdultLinkPosted 3/19/2014 1:00:25 AM
I would imagine, knowing what little I do of mount and blade, that areas further away from resources want that resource and are willing to pay higher, regardless of how long the game goes on. If you add time as a factor, rather than working things like the WoW auction house where everyone can just get everything instantly, than you can have things work like a real economy, where certain areas will always pay more just because less of the product makes it that far.

Say I'm on a 2d map at point A. Point A has Iron. Someone at point Z wants to build weapons, but point Z only has farmlands and orchards. Now, if I'm shipping stuff from point A to point Z, I pass through points B-Y along the way, and at each point I can look for other deals on my iron for other things that might also sell well along the road. So, by the time I reach point Z, I've probably sold off more than half my iron. Point Z will always have less iron than point A in this model.

The same basic model works in all player-oriented economies, though for stuff like WoW, you treat each point along the line as a different level, rather than a different location, since most of the lowest level cloth or cooking items, etc, is going to come from low level players, just because they naturally accumulate it by leveling.

With a model like this, you can always point out certain things that will continue to sell well. In WoW, you can always predict that someone has high level charcters that they want to power-level tailoring or smithing on, so they'll be willing to pay through the nose for low-level mats, while in a more realistic situation you can always bet that farmers and miners can always work out trade because the miners can't eat their rocks and the farmers will always need to mend their tools.
---
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."
#8RPGMattPosted 3/19/2014 3:28:20 AM
You should get a feel for what towns need which goods during your campaign, and just grab some of them when it's convenient. Honestly, it's more fun to make money off of ransoms or fief taxes... Or just raid a rich enemy town and sell the goods indiscriminantly for tons of money anyway.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#9chandl34Posted 3/19/2014 7:34:27 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
chandl34 posted...

Yeah, but most of it still applies.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#10TowerBooks3192Posted 3/19/2014 7:40:55 AM
chandl34 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...
chandl34 posted...

Yeah, but most of it still applies.

Really? But the city locations have changed in Warband? Some cities are even under different factions. I followed a guide once and it was a detailed list of where to go on your route and what to buy but it ends up not working very well since it was MnB's guide and not warband
---