This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games Similar to Borderlands and Dead Island

#1DarkshowersPosted 3/18/2014 8:51:50 AM
So I've finished both the first Borderlands and Dead Island coop with friends and had a blast. Of course, it's much more fun playing either game with friends and I wouldn't play them alone. Are there any other games that are similar?

Please don't mention Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3 as we have played through those games as well. Thanks!
#2Teh_Dr_PhilPosted 3/18/2014 8:57:04 AM
It takes a little finagling to do sometimes, but my friend and I are currently having a blast doing coop in Dark Souls.

Saints Row 3/4 are also a blast with your friends.

Obligatory Left 4 Dead, Starbound, etc. recs as well. :)

They may not all fit your bill exactly - but they are all fun coop games that I can list off the top of my head.
---
Yep.
#3PhilOnDezPosted 3/18/2014 9:44:57 AM
Borderlands 2 is an improvement in every way aside from loot/inventory over the first game so that's a solid option. The loot system really killed its replayability for me though, it didn't last me nearly as long as the first one. If you don't care about farming up an awesome set of gear you'll probably never notice the difference.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4pitt12177Posted 3/18/2014 9:47:07 AM
B... Borderlands 2? Dead.. Island Riptide?
#5Teh_Dr_PhilPosted 3/18/2014 9:48:37 AM
Wow, lmao. Fail reading on my part. I thought he said Borderlands 2 and Riptide. @_@

BL2 is without a doubt worth it. Full price, even. I'd wait and grab Riptide during the summer sale, though. Half as long as the first Dead Island yet somehow more tedious. Even doing coop, my friend and I got bored near the end and had to force ourselves to finish it.
---
Yep.
#6Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 12:51:12 PM
Well of course I considered Borderlands 2 and Dead Island Riptide. In fact I'm playing through Riptide right now with a friend and I'm much better at this game compared to the last one cause I carried over my character and her skills. I got it on sale when it was 75% off for seven or eight bucks.

As for Borderlands 2, I'll buy that when it goes on sale. I've already figured out that I want to play the Mechromancer (similar to the Necromancer in Diablo 2 one of my favorites). The main issue with BL2 is that they keep on coming out with DLCs so I want to buy the edition that has all of them and on sale at the same time.
#7TropicMoon10Posted 3/18/2014 12:53:09 PM
Killing Floor is on sale right now.

Payday 2 is also a pretty fun co-op game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#8Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 1:02:45 PM
I have Killing Floor already and Payday 1 and 2 are on my wish list for when they go on sale.
#9Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 5:19:49 AM(edited)
Anyone suggestions? I should also mention that I am playing Icewind Dale with another friend and I have Baldur's Gate EE on my list. Thanks.
#10ShubPosted 3/21/2014 5:23:12 AM
Darkshowers posted...
the Mechromancer (similar to the Necromancer in Diablo 2 one of my favorites)

Meh, not really. Not at all, in my opinion, except for the fact that you have a pet. One. Sometimes. But it's a fun class nonetheless.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.