This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't console users switch to PC?

#1ShoothemonkeyPosted 3/18/2014 3:28:34 PM
Honest question.

I have a 3DS and Vita but that's just because they have loads of exclusives worthy of them.

PC IS cheaper on the long term. You only need to pay around 500 bucks for a high end PC which will last you more than what consoles offer you, and games are on sale way too often.

TBH the whole "PC is complicated" is just a sign of laziness. Well, if you're unwilling to learn about the right ways of the master race then it's all your loss.
---
Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep, beep, beep, b-b-beep
- Mexican Beeping Song
#2TimePharaohPosted 3/18/2014 3:30:01 PM(edited)
Shoothemonkey posted...
Honest question.

I have a 3DS and Vita but that's just because they have loads of exclusives worthy of them.

PC IS cheaper on the long term. You only need to pay around 500 bucks for a high end PC which will last you more than what consoles offer you, and games are on sale way too often.

TBH the whole "PC is complicated" is just a sign of laziness. Well, if you're unwilling to learn about the right ways of the master race then it's all your loss.

waitwot

lol at high end $500 PC.
#3Majoras_pantsPosted 3/18/2014 3:39:49 PM
PC IS cheaper in the long run, kind of. But no, $500 wont get your a high end PC that will outlast consoles.

You make up the money with free online and cheaper games. But the problem with that is you get a lot more games worth playing so you end up buying more anyway. So really you'll spend just as much if not more.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#4Ha_D00DPosted 3/18/2014 3:41:27 PM
Try $1,000+ to even begin nearing the high end.
---
HAF 922 | i5 3570k@4.3ghz | Hyper 212 Evo | P8Z77-V LK | Sapphire 7970 DualX@1150/1600 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | SeaSonic 620w | Mushkin120GB |AND I PLAY CONSOLES
#5Shoothemonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 3:43:20 PM
Ok well high-end graphics for games like BF4, CoD, anything that appeals to console audience.
---
Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep, beep, beep, b-b-beep
- Mexican Beeping Song
#6Cowboy082288Posted 3/18/2014 3:43:38 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Shoothemonkey posted...
Honest question.

waitwot

lol at high end $500 PC.

heh yeah it's more like $500 dollars for a high end video card. (Still wouldn't be the best possible card).
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#7Cowboy082288Posted 3/18/2014 3:46:46 PM
To answer your question TC, because consoles give a certain amount of value that is adequate to their price. Part of that value is the ease of setup and use.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#8TimePharaohPosted 3/18/2014 3:49:24 PM(edited)
Shoothemonkey posted...
Ok well high-end graphics for games like BF4, CoD, anything that appeals to console audience.

High end graphics means nothing. Anyone can do that. Doing it at 60fps+ is the only thing anyone cares about.

You also can't get 'high end graphics" on $500. That's a midtier computer at best. You're trying to apply broken peasant logic in that there's either "good" or "not good" computers. The range is massive. Mid-tier doesn't mean bad, but don't pretend something is high when it's not.
#9popping4itPosted 3/18/2014 3:48:52 PM
it really is stupid that pc gamers get so upset that there are people who play on consoles. you do realize that alot of pc releases are subsidized by console game sales whether direct or indirect.

the whole basis of steam sales on games is because usually the game has already hit its ROI due to its console sales and releasing on pc is the act of squeezing the last few pennies out of what has become the cheapskate market. game like dark souls would not have ever existed without consoles its too much of a high cost development and very console minded designed game.
---
whens mahvel?
#10Cade6669Posted 3/18/2014 3:54:49 PM
PC isn't for everyone and I don't hate people who don't game on a PC. Different strokes for different folks.
---
Origin - SuperKing61 Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperKing61
I love you.