This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't console users switch to PC?

#31DawnshadowPosted 3/18/2014 9:01:15 PM
Knewlio posted...
The real question is why wouldn't you just play games on all platforms, playing all the exclusives and playing multiplatform games wherever the best version resides?

Because I don't have over $1000 sitting around to buy a heap of consoles. Even if I did, I wouldn't have TIME to play that many games-- I can't keep up with my PC library as it is!
---
Pokemon X - 2664-2616-4997 - Munna, Sigilyph, Duosion - PM me!
#32iammaxhailmePosted 3/18/2014 9:03:33 PM
Because of their misplaced pride?
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#33JavelinPosted 3/18/2014 9:40:50 PM
Because console peasants would rather lick the boots of Steve Ballmer or Kaz Hirai and gratefully accept whatever scraps they are given. They prefer to be told what to do instead of thinking for themselves. It's why they are peasants. Some people just prefer to be oppressed.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#34Mr kittyPosted 3/18/2014 9:45:23 PM
Javelin posted...
Because console peasants would rather lick the boots of Steve Ballmer or Kaz Hirai and gratefully accept whatever scraps they are given. They prefer to be told what to do instead of thinking for themselves. It's why they are peasants. Some people just prefer to be oppressed.

You should also add up with a exclusive closed locked OS with a hardware capable of doing many thing but doesn't because apparently it's too complicated.

Indeed that's how things work.
---
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|11TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
#35Flaktrooper123Posted 3/18/2014 9:54:46 PM
Why console gamers don't want to switch over?
- They think PC has no exclusives
- Don't want to be bothered by the 'difficulty' of PC use (especially those from the Instant Noodle Generation). In other words, they want games to be guaranteed to run instead of worrying about tweaking things, or just want plug and play immediately.
- They think PC gaming is expensive
- Too much console propaganda (and they are not immune to it, unlike us)
- They think PC gamers are elitists, or worry they get pwned immediately if they switch over
- Not used to the controls
- They think PC is a pirate console and thus evil
- whatever
#36Cowboy082288Posted 3/18/2014 9:58:47 PM
Am I the only one that plays games on PC and consoles???
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#37ChrisStarlitePosted 3/18/2014 10:19:42 PM
Javelin posted...

Spoken like a true insecure man child.
#38TowerBooks3192Posted 3/19/2014 1:54:27 AM
Personal experience, I didn't know where to get PC parts here so I was stuck with consoles and overpriced laptops. Also would like to remove the hassle of other things when troubleshooting PC games that has problems caused by something in relation to other stuff in the PC (Things like updates must be downloaded or things must be tweaked in folders or whatnot).

After having a desktop and finally finding a PC shop I could never get back to consoles other than the occasional games for my vita and 3DS and on PS3 when I have some visitors. I usually play strategy and the best thing consoles could give would be something like FF tactics/fire emblem and the deepest one I saw was Romance of the three kingdoms but I need a PC for something like a serious football manager or something as deep as Crusader KIngs 2
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#39ArkonBladePosted 3/19/2014 2:08:32 AM
well knowing many console gamers and I was on and off again with the PC since the early 90s. Its ease of access for one. You don't have to know any thing. you just open a disc drive put in a game and play. Many people just don't want to learn for what ever reason. Lazy or think it will be a lot more complicated then it actually is. trust me I thought building a PC years ago would insane.

Many of them have that same thought and don't know watching some youtube vids and reading some info can give them all the info they need to build one these days. Also many other myths on PC gaming keep nagging on it to these people.

You can only try to inform them of the facts.

Also a $500 gaming PC is not high end. its considered a Budget PC. Yeah you can build some thing Decent for that amount but most would recommend more. If that's all you have and can afford fine but if you can try to go at least $700-$800. That I what I would consider to be a good gaming PC.

If you want high end you are gona go 1k and beyond.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#40claytonbuckleyPosted 3/19/2014 3:21:37 AM
Shoothemonkey posted...
You only need to pay around 500 bucks for a high end PC
stopped reading after that.

because you are wrong, thus everything you say and do is wrong.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling