This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't console users switch to PC?

#41Shoothemonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 3:36:37 AM
Objectively, ChrisStarlite posted...
Javelin posted...
Because console peasants would rather lick the boots of Steve Ballmer or Kaz Hirai and gratefully accept whatever scraps they are given. They prefer to be told what to do instead of thinking for themselves. It's why they are peasants. Some people just prefer to be oppressed.

Spoken like a true insecure man child.

there's nothing insecure about this. Console gamers can't set up their own consoles so they DO have to "lick someone's boots" instead of using their own boots and building a PC.
---
Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep, beep, beep, b-b-beep
- Mexican Beeping Song
#42tiger8191Posted 3/19/2014 4:05:20 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Am I the only one that plays games on PC and consoles???

Nope. PC, 360, PS3, PS4, & OMG Vita
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#43NM_hunterPosted 3/19/2014 5:41:01 AM
I can't understand PC gamers that think badly of console gamers.. You idiots don't even realize you have not even gotten a chance to play beauties like The Last of Us. You probably won't ever get to play it as well as other exclusives. Even Xbox fanboys who hate Sony won't even get to play it.

Consoles are NOT religions. They're pieces of plastic you play your video games on. Plus lots of gamers are teenagers who DO NOT have jobs. They're lucky to get that 250 dollar/euro console or 150 dollar/euro handheld, with a few games. Even the older gamers still have tons of things to pay for (housing, food, activities, LIFE, etc). I'd rather use the money on a lot of other things

I'm thankful enough to even GET video games, that I was born in this era of technology and not stuck in a third world country on a farm or something worse for my entire life. You think I actually care about what piece of plastic I play my games on? Get a life, seriously. I mean a better one than spewing hate over which plastic I play video games on on your free time.

Tell me. How am I going to play monster hunter 4 ultimate when it comes out next year? How are you PC players going to play the last of us? Through hacks?
How will I play with friends or family or people who don't want to spend over 1k for a PC?

That's right. I have a PS3 and a 3DS. Get mad, hate us. As if getting food and a roof over your head with all this fancy stuff in your lives isn't enough. Acting as if you're 'the master race', dumb keyboard warriors... wow. First world problem much? I feel sorry for people like you actually. Don't ever get to appreciate anything you have.

You want to bring life lessons into this, calling us peasants because of a simple choice in life that doesn't mean squat. That's just pathetic on so many levels that you even care about such worthless details.
My post is too long, didn't read? Haha right, because that's the only comeback you have because I'm 100% right.
#44Killah PriestPosted 3/19/2014 5:45:41 AM
some people just want to relax and play games in a manner in which they've been familiar with their entire life.

I agree learn and adapt but some people just want to have fun and don't feel like learning a new control scheme or worrying about what games are full vs partial controller compatible, if they run, etc...
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#45thefabregas22Posted 3/19/2014 5:55:14 AM
Shoothemonkey posted...
Honest question.

I have a 3DS and Vita but that's just because they have loads of exclusives worthy of them.

PC IS cheaper on the long term. You only need to pay around 500 bucks for a high end PC which will last you more than what consoles offer you, and games are on sale way too often.

TBH the whole "PC is complicated" is just a sign of laziness. Well, if you're unwilling to learn about the right ways of the master race then it's all your loss.

They might enjoy the console exclusives more?
I own all but the xbox one and the xbox 360 but if I only had my 3ds, vita and pc I'd be missing out on so much.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#46kill2thisPosted 3/19/2014 6:15:00 AM
To answer your question they can switch, whether or not they want to is down to them.
#47DawnshadowPosted 3/19/2014 6:21:09 AM(edited)
"Consoles are NOT religions. They're pieces of plastic you play your video games on...."

Agreed, some people take this "master race" meme a bit too seriously. If you're playing games and having fun, you are doing it right.

"Tell me. How am I going to play monster hunter 4 ultimate when it comes out next year? How are you PC players going to play the last of us? Through hacks?
How will I play with friends or family or people who don't want to spend over 1k for a PC?"

I'm not going to be playing The Last Of Us or Monster Hunter 4 (unless there's a DS version?) I'll be playing PC exclusives, and I can live without playing a few console exclusives. A console-only player is missing out on my exclusives. Most of my friends have PCs, too, so I play with them.

A gaming PC doesn't have to cost $1000. I sometimes play games on my two year old $600 laptop; I can't play current AAAs on the laptop, but there are thousands of indie and classic games that run fine on integrated graphics. I just bought a new system and paid someone to assemble it[1] for well under $1000, because my five year old computer's processor is showing its age. Despite that, I've yet to find a game my current computer, made of whatever parts Microcenter had on special the day I walked in to buy a computer[2], won't run at all.

[1] My current build was a nightmare of RMAs and I ended up having to take it into the shop anyway because I wasn't sure which part was bad. (It was the motherboard, but that broke a few other parts in its madness.) I'm not paying for the assembly, I'm paying to not risk having to RMA things.

[2] This is a terrible way to build a computer. Don't be Past Me, do your homework.
---
Pokemon X - 2664-2616-4997 - Munna, Sigilyph, Duosion - PM me!
#48Shoothemonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 8:27:46 AM
NM_hunter posted...
I can't understand PC gamers that think badly of console gamers.. You idiots don't even realize you have not even gotten a chance to play beauties like The Last of Us. You probably won't ever get to play it as well as other exclusives. Even Xbox fanboys who hate Sony won't even get to play it.

Consoles are NOT religions. They're pieces of plastic you play your video games on. Plus lots of gamers are teenagers who DO NOT have jobs. They're lucky to get that 250 dollar/euro console or 150 dollar/euro handheld, with a few games. Even the older gamers still have tons of things to pay for (housing, food, activities, LIFE, etc). I'd rather use the money on a lot of other things

I'm thankful enough to even GET video games, that I was born in this era of technology and not stuck in a third world country on a farm or something worse for my entire life. You think I actually care about what piece of plastic I play my games on? Get a life, seriously. I mean a better one than spewing hate over which plastic I play video games on on your free time.

Tell me. How am I going to play monster hunter 4 ultimate when it comes out next year? How are you PC players going to play the last of us? Through hacks?
How will I play with friends or family or people who don't want to spend over 1k for a PC?

That's right. I have a PS3 and a 3DS. Get mad, hate us. As if getting food and a roof over your head with all this fancy stuff in your lives isn't enough. Acting as if you're 'the master race', dumb keyboard warriors... wow. First world problem much? I feel sorry for people like you actually. Don't ever get to appreciate anything you have.

You want to bring life lessons into this, calling us peasants because of a simple choice in life that doesn't mean squat. That's just pathetic on so many levels that you even care about such worthless details.
My post is too long, didn't read? Haha right, because that's the only comeback you have because I'm 100% right.

So?
I'm sorry, but if you had the money to buy a 360 or PS3 you have the money to afford a low-end gaming PC that can play BF4 and CoD relatively well, and we also have a bunch of sales AND indie games that trumps anything your console has to offer. Papers please, To the Moon, Stanley Parable... There's much more to it than TloU or God of War and random japanese games. Did you know what? Most Japanese game devs are releasing their games on PC now like DW8 and Dark Souls. They're learning that the PC is a profitable market. So I don't know why people say they enjoy console games more than PC games when PC games are at its peak and rising.

Did I also tell you about how easy it is to build a PC? Sounds like console warriors are blinded by this little myth that PCs cost a thousand to build, while in fact it's one of the easiest things to do once you get the hang of it. And guides are everywhere to help you. What about steam? Sales, free MP, achievements... EVERYTHING console has to offer. Oh, dont like the controller? Fine, we have 3rd party controllers AND the Steam controller is coming soon. There's NO reason other than brand loyalty not to own a PC.

Lmao thinking that no comback is possible. Makes me think you're the little keyboard warrior. Calling us idiots is worse.
---
Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep, beep, beep, b-b-beep
- Mexican Beeping Song
#49SuigintouEVPosted 3/19/2014 11:42:09 AM(edited)
Shoothemonkey posted...
I'm sorry, but if you had the money to buy a 360 or PS3 you have the money to afford a low-end gaming PC that can play BF4 and CoD relatively well,

I do, it can, and yet I don't even give a **** because those are generic dudebro games. And if I really wanted to play generic dudebro games, I would play them on a system with a strong online community and minimal hacking, not a community that's just playing it to test out their graphics card in between league of legends.

and we also have a bunch of sales AND indie games that trumps anything your console has to offer.

Yeah, plenty of sales on games that don't exist because they aren't on the system.

Papers please, To the Moon, Stanley Parable...

Titles I can play on an 8 year old laptop.

There's much more to it than TloU or God of War and random japanese games.

SOO much more. For all PC gamers flaunt their favorite niche 4 hour indy games, they only actually play free to play and java crap just like Iphone users who I'm sure love app sales too. Of course, I don't think you've actually played TloU or God of War or random Japanese games, so you're like an Alaskan talking about how they don't care how nice the weather is in Florida in February, since they have Igloos and bonfires to keep themselves warm.

Did you know what? Most Japanese game devs are releasing their games on PC now like DW8 and Dark Souls.

Haha. The best From Software title, Demon's Souls still remains a console exclusive and Dynasty Warriors is not even a relevant franchise... the only reason people buy them is because they rebadge them with cool licenses.

And when Namco realizes the majority of spoiled PC gamers won't buy Dark Souls II until the price drops to 80% of their bottom line, then we'll see. The game dropped last week and yet it can't even find itself on Gamefaqs' top ten PC games(sorry, I didn't realize that the PC version comes out more than a month later, I take that back. Have fun waiting while console gamers are already on to the next big thing)?

Of course I'm sure some people will buy it for PC, to reassure themselves they have the best graphics version, proceed to not finish it and then going back to playing **** MMORPGs.

They're learning that the PC is a profitable market.

Oh? You mean a select few publishers bring quick'n'easy ports of their profitable AAA titles over to PC months after the fact?

So I don't know why people say they enjoy console games more than PC games when PC games are at its peak and rising.

Why? Well, ya see, I like to play and enjoy games, not wish they would come out on my system or that an emulator gets made that my overclocked high end PC 15 years from now might be able to play at 70% frame rate, hopefully without glitches, or wait a year for them to become 5 dollars so I can flaunt how much money I saved while all the major twists now are old memes and the dedicated community is already gearing up for the sequel.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#50Snuckie7Posted 3/19/2014 5:30:59 PM
ChrisStarlite posted...
Javelin posted...
Because console peasants would rather lick the boots of Steve Ballmer or Kaz Hirai and gratefully accept whatever scraps they are given. They prefer to be told what to do instead of thinking for themselves. It's why they are peasants. Some people just prefer to be oppressed.

Spoken like a true insecure man child.

I haven't been here in a while, but it looks like some things never change.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | - | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W