This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall knew what it was doing with the small team sizes

#1pothocketPosted 3/19/2014 10:47:14 AM
I know this was a point of concern because a lot of people automatically assume that bigger = better. Turns out the developer knows their game better than we do and it works as well as it does exactly because of the small team size.

There's this sort of built in auto-balance if one team is mostly in their Titans. The pilots of the other team can focus on the Titans without having to worry about other Pilots so much. You can take cover in a building shooting your anti-titan weapon out the windows and because of the large maps and small teams you don't really have to worry about getting shot in the back by another pilot.

With large teams, if there's a severe imbalance of the other team having more TItans out, you'd have to worry about them and a bunch of enemy pilots still running around on the ground. It would just give the winning team even more momentum rather than give the pilots of the losing team a little breathing room.
#2r0ge00Posted 3/19/2014 10:52:48 AM
Heaven forbid they allow map making and custom servers so the players can decide themselves.
#3aak57Posted 3/19/2014 10:54:38 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Heaven forbid they allow map making and custom servers so the players can decide themselves.

---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#4BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 3/19/2014 10:54:39 AM
I've been saying it since I tested it out last September. The game works perfectly with 6. Small teams don't make the game bad at all.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#5ein311Posted 3/19/2014 10:54:50 AM
The game would be an absolute mess if it had any larger team options.

The maps are pretty damn large to accommodate for the Titans, but I feel like the game is already fast-paced enough that adding more players into the same map would be a clusterf*.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#6SinisterSlayPosted 3/19/2014 10:56:18 AM
aak57 posted...
r0ge00 posted...

If they did that they couldn't sell map packs for 60 dollars each (like call of duty)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7aak57Posted 3/19/2014 10:58:20 AM
Seriously though, COD4 maps weren't designed for 32-64 people but if some people wanted to do that on a server, it didn't bother/affect me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#8ThePCElitistPosted 3/19/2014 10:58:52 AM
The game is pure chaos with 12 players because the objective points and balance is just right and considering you can have a.i controlled Titans that are capable of holding their own you technically have more than 6 enemies to worry about. I know my auto Titan gets at least a couple of kills before it dies almost every time I leave it alone.
#9Jprime666Posted 3/19/2014 11:02:04 AM
r0ge00 posted...

CoD4 is a comeplete mess on PC because most of the servers have 20+ players and maps are nowhere near big enough for it.
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#10pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 11:02:47 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
The game is pure chaos with 12 players because the objective points and balance is just right and considering you can have a.i controlled Titans that are capable of holding their own you technically have more than 6 enemies to worry about. I know my auto Titan gets at least a couple of kills before it dies almost every time I leave it alone.

Yep, someone pointed that out on the Titanfall board. It's becoming a "pro" strategy that if your team has Titans out but other team doesn't, you guys put them on auto-pilot and stay on the ground until the other team starts dropping Titans too.