This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall knew what it was doing with the small team sizes

#21Orestes417Posted 3/19/2014 10:54:44 AM(edited)
Jprime666 posted...
r0ge00 posted...
Heaven forbid they allow map making and custom servers so the players can decide themselves.

CoD4 is a comeplete mess on PC because most of the servers have 20+ players and maps are nowhere near big enough for it.

Bingo. Get this man a cookie, the only thing "allowing players to choose for themselves" has proven consistently is that players are the worst ****ing group to be allowed to make decisions if you want to preserve a worthwhile game experience for everyone.

I'd go as far as saying player choice should be allowed if, and only if, there's a guaranteed number of stock settings servers available at all times AND the player custom servers that deviate from a tight percentage of stock server settings are deranked. Basically, if people insist on playing with setting detrimental to the overall game they shouldn't mind playing for no reward beyond "fun".

---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#22TimePharaohPosted 3/19/2014 10:49:40 AM
Too bad we're stuck with your "sort of auto-balance" instead of actual auto-balance which forces you to leave a game if you're getting stomped instead of shuffling. Quality development strategy.
#23r0ge00Posted 3/19/2014 10:53:14 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Bingo. Get this man a cookie, the only thing "allowing players to choose for themselves" has proven consistently is that players are the worst ****ing group to be allowed to make decisions if you want to preserve a worthwhile game experience for everyone.

All I read was you don't like the way other people have fun, so it should be eliminated entirely.
#24Ch3wyPosted 3/19/2014 10:53:52 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Orestes417 posted...

All I read was you don't like the way other people have fun, so it should be eliminated entirely.

Holy hell you're bad at reading.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#25runromPosted 3/19/2014 10:54:13 AM
I just want custom servers so I can start devising and practicing my own parkour routes.
---
MBP 2009 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | AMD 7870 | PS Vita | Nintendo 3DS | HP Touchpad
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#26Orestes417Posted 3/19/2014 10:58:29 AM
runrom posted...
I just want custom servers so I can start devising and practicing my own parkour routes.

That could be solved with an offline practice mode. Now that's something I'd wholeheartedly agree every multiplayer game should have.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#27r0ge00Posted 3/19/2014 10:59:48 AM
Ch3wy posted...

Oh, please bestow upon me your infinite wisdom. A lot of cool experiences came from letting people do their own thing. In CS you had gun game and _surf maps. In Halo you could make just about any game mode you wanted. Just because you want to play the vanilla game doesn't mean everyone else does.
#28aak57Posted 3/19/2014 11:00:05 AM(edited)
So what if 80% of people choose the dumbest way of playing? You still get to play with that 20% and you get the bonus of knowing that they aren't the dumb people you wouldn't want to play with anyway.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#29popping4itPosted 3/19/2014 11:00:25 AM
they need a practice sandbox mode so you can just run around in the different maps. but i think the reason they dont is because pirates usually find a way to hack in pirated multiplayer.
---
whens mahvel?
#30Ch3wyPosted 3/19/2014 11:02:35 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Oh, please bestow upon me your infinite wisdom. A lot of cool experiences came from letting people do their own thing. In CS you had gun game and _surf maps. In Halo you could make just about any game mode you wanted. Just because you want to play the vanilla game doesn't mean everyone else does.

That has nothing to do with your reading skills.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001