This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall knew what it was doing with the small team sizes

#31Orestes417Posted 3/19/2014 11:06:35 AM(edited)
aak57 posted...
So what if 80% of people choose the dumbest way of playing? You still get to play with that 20% and you get the bonus of knowing that they aren't the dumb people you wouldn't want to play with anyway.

And what if the dumb people ingest literally every server that runs a particular map/mode. Case in point, I really enjoyed BF3's CQ maps. I really didn't enjoy the mouthbreathing wastes of flesh calling themselves administrators who insisted on running those maps at 64/48 player capacity. And you know what? It was goddamned near impossible to find sane server settings. Same deal with good maps that insisted on running stupidly high ticket counts because DICE lacked the balls to tell them they were boosting idiots and disallow it.

And yeah, I could theoretically rent my own server with my own rules... but that too detracts from my enjoyment of the game because quite frankly I don't want the added headache of administering a server properly.

---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#32Jprime666Posted 3/19/2014 11:08:33 AM
Orestes417 posted...
aak57 posted...
So what if 80% of people choose the dumbest way of playing? You still get to play with that 20% and you get the bonus of knowing that they aren't the dumb people you wouldn't want to play with anyway.

And what if the dumb people ingest literally every server that runs a particular map/mode. Case in point, I really enjoyed BF3's CQ maps. I really didn't enjoy the mouthbreathing wastes of flesh calling themselves administrators who insisted on running those maps at 64/48 player capacity. And you know what? It was goddamned near impossible to find sane server settings. Same deal with good maps that insisted on running stupidly high ticket counts because DICE lacked the balls to tell them they were boosting idiots and disallow it.

And yeah, I could theoretically rent my own server with my own rules... but that too detracts from my enjoyment of the game because quite frankly I don't want the added headache of administering a server properly.

This, most server admins are interested only in whatever is popular. BF3 CQ maps were garbage because every server insisted on overfilling them
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#33r0ge00Posted 3/19/2014 11:21:50 AM
You could always start your own server with like-minded people.
#34Majoras_pantsPosted 3/19/2014 11:22:24 AM
Custom servers with unlimited options would of course be the best way to do it. No reason not too, on PC. Except of course to treat it like a closed platform and bombard customers with DLC.

But yeah,6 on 6 is pretty ideal for the game.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#35Orestes417Posted 3/19/2014 11:27:37 AM
Mods have made people dumb. What's the point of a game providing a specific, carefully crafted experience if you're just going to ignore it in favor of random derp?
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#36jake-sfPosted 3/19/2014 11:40:48 AM
I personally just think that anything smaller than 32 players is too small scale, too personal, so whatever the reasons a game with such a low player count never will be for me, and if you force it, you miss out on costumers, period, the end.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#37KidInTheHallPosted 3/19/2014 11:42:33 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Heaven forbid they allow map making and custom servers so the players can decide themselves.

Players don't know what's best for them until a developers tell them.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#38jake-sfPosted 3/19/2014 11:43:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39Ch3wyPosted 3/19/2014 11:44:07 AM
jake-sf posted...
I personally just think that anything smaller than 32 players is too small scale, too personal, so whatever the reasons a game with such a low player count never will be for me, and if you force it, you miss out on costumers, period, the end.

Costumers aren't really the target audience of the vast majority of games so that's alright.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#40Hanlo_is_backPosted 3/19/2014 11:46:01 AM
jake-sf posted...
^ Complete utter moron there.

Except he's right, players often times don't know whats best for them. Look at the Sonic games, a series that took ques from it's fandom often, for a prime example
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum