This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall knew what it was doing with the small team sizes

#41pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 12:46:49 PM
jake-sf posted...
such a low player count never will be for me, and if you force it, you miss out on costumers

You're the one missing out.
#42Orestes417Posted 3/19/2014 12:47:25 PM
I lol'd. So basically the argument is that we feel we should be able to change the experience presented if the experience presented isn't something that interests us? A sane person might wonder why, if you aren't interested in the experience the developers are providing would you even consider the game in the first place? And for that matter what makes you such a special snowflake that the devs should care about catering to your special needs over those of people who DO want to play the game as originally envisioned?
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#43KidInTheHallPosted 3/19/2014 12:51:05 PM
jake-sf posted...
^ Complete utter moron there.

I know you are but what am I !
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#44Ch3wyPosted 3/19/2014 12:52:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#45Born LuckyPosted 3/19/2014 12:53:18 PM
If Titanfall would have had 36 vs 36, the topics would be . . .

"Titanfall knew what it was doing with the large team sizes" . . and then they would list all the reasons why more players makes it a better experience.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#46Orestes417Posted 3/19/2014 12:55:34 PM
Born Lucky posted...

"Titanfall knew what it was doing with the large team sizes" . . and then they would list all the reasons why more players makes it a better experience.

Which is why no one, especially not hardcore BF fans, ever brings up reasons why 32 vs 32 BF isn't an ideal experience in some modes. Nope, none of us ever once brought up those downsides.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#47popping4itPosted 3/19/2014 1:35:31 PM(edited)
Born Lucky posted...

mag and bf are poorly designed games. they rely on novelty rather than good controls and gameplay.

if you play titanfall you can already notice in 6v6 when one team gets their titans at the same time there is definitely a snowballing effect with 10+ it would become exponentially worse. It would have been trivial for respawn to increase the player count since every match is hosted on a dedicated server.

also the 800 point is likely due to having to weight the good/ideal matches where getting to 800 is fun. but the worse case matches where they're lobsided having to wait for 800 points can be unfun for the losing team.

so its basically trying to strike a balance between reducing unfun moments and increasing the fun ones.
---
whens mahvel?
#48wizardmonPosted 3/19/2014 1:26:54 PM
My only gripe with the game is that you only have to get to 250 attrition points. I want like, a 800 point game or something since it seems like the matches just go by waay to fast.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#49Erik212Posted 3/19/2014 1:51:35 PM
I totally understand not allowing bigger player count. The devs made an experience, and changing the player count would make the experience different than what they wanted. Respect their vision, man. Also if you reject the game based just on player count then lol.

On a side note, one of my biggest peeves about BF is that there are way too many servers with non stock tickets and vehicle respawn times, and no way to filter them out. When did stock settings go so out of style?
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#50r0ge00Posted 3/19/2014 1:54:40 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
Players don't know what's best for them until a developers tell them.

It's so OBVIOUS now!