This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall knew what it was doing with the small team sizes

#71ClouddxPosted 3/19/2014 3:24:15 PM
While I agree that the limit of 6v6 in Titanfall is indeed complementary to the style of the game, we should always have the option to customize the game to our liking.

Limiting a PC game is just a terrible idea, everyone has different ideas of fun and some people might enjoy the chaos that a 16v16 server may provide.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#72pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 5:30:53 AM
Clouddx posted...
While I agree that the limit of 6v6 in Titanfall is indeed complementary to the style of the game, we should always have the option to customize the game to our liking.

Limiting a PC game is just a terrible idea, everyone has different ideas of fun and some people might enjoy the chaos that a 16v16 server may provide.

That's true but Titanfall also doesn't give people the option to select servers. Just search for a match and end up where ever. If I'm joining random games I wouldn't want to constantly be stuck in lobbies with people changing options simply because they can.
#73rareware101Posted 3/20/2014 6:22:32 AM(edited)
jake-sf posted...
Erik212 posted...
I totally understand not allowing bigger player count. The devs made an experience, and changing the player count would make the experience different than what they wanted. Respect their vision, man. Also if you reject the game based just on player count then lol.

Are you serious right now?

Because you do realize that this is the BIGGEST problem ANY game, especially multiplayer games, end up facing?

The fact htat every developer just because a stuck up ***** that doesn't want anything special to be done with their game.

Instead of facing how a game can change and be moulded by its player base, they just close everything down and say **** you all.

Thats called people that don't have a ******* idea of what PC gaming truly is about. What the community creates and what it becomes IS EVERYTHING PC GAMING IS.

So if you believed those words I really do spit on you and wish you to get the **** back to consoles and be out of our way forever. Consoles are for those close minded piece of crap that don't want any of the greatness of PC gaming.

If it happened to be sarcastic then I apologize.

Try making a reasoned argument and do it without swearing and insulting. You may find people take you as less of a joke.
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser
#74KidInTheHallPosted 3/20/2014 7:03:31 AM
^ No no, I'll still think of him as a joke.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#75Bossdog421Posted 3/20/2014 7:17:00 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Heaven forbid they allow map making and custom servers so the players can decide themselves.

I like more players and FFA game modes more than small team vs team battles.

To each their own, unless the choice isn't there.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#76runromPosted 3/20/2014 8:11:31 AM
I just wish matches were longer instead of the 200 point cap. I wish there was a Titan FFA mode.
---
MBP 2009 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | AMD 7870 | PS Vita | Nintendo 3DS | HP Touchpad
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#77xpiritflarePosted 3/20/2014 8:19:42 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Mods have made people dumb. What's the point of a game providing a specific, carefully crafted experience if you're just going to ignore it in favor of random derp?

This guy must be your mortal enemy then.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/16/behind-falskaar-a-massive-new-skyrim-mod-and-the-19-year-old-who-spent-a-year-building-it/
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
#78foodeater4Posted 3/20/2014 8:22:25 AM
Large teams just give in the built in excuse that "my team sucked" On smaller times you contribute more to losing or winning and people don't like being blamed for losing. Its just how salty people are in fighting games when they lose cause they have no fall back on the team is crappy excuse.
#79SmoboHashPosted 3/20/2014 8:29:32 AM(edited)
Look at it like TF2.

The best, most balanced, and most competitive way to play Team Fortress 2 is to run it with 6 players per team and a specific map list and specific allowed weapons. It's not an ideal solution to cut out some of the game content to improve balance, but the decision to ban most stuff is almost unanimous among competitive players with any amount of experience.

However, we also have other gamemodes. 9v9 competitive is popular, and 24 man servers and 32 man servers are both extremely popular (much more so than the competitive formats). Because Valve gave the players the ability to create custom maps, continued to add new weapons, and allowed server operators to change almost anything about their server (there are servers that literally play WarioWare, it's incredible), players have the choice, within a single game, to experience it however they prefer. Even the PvE Mann vs. Machine mode is very popular, and very profitable for Valve.

Even its system requirements show the same philosophy. While TF2 arguably still looks decent on the highest settings (it's no BF4), it can be configured to look like Minecraft and run on a toaster. Pretty much anyone can get playable framerates.

TF2 would not have nearly the same following if only the best, most balanced format was available to players. Lots of people like to show up to their Instant Spawn 24/7 32-man ctf_2fort servers every single day and just chat with people while roaming around shooting things.

In summary, choice and customization trump anything else.
#80Orestes417Posted 3/20/2014 8:30:53 AM
xpiritflare posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Mods have made people dumb. What's the point of a game providing a specific, carefully crafted experience if you're just going to ignore it in favor of random derp?

This guy must be your mortal enemy then.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/16/behind-falskaar-a-massive-new-skyrim-mod-and-the-19-year-old-who-spent-a-year-building-it/

He's impressive actually, if borderline insane. Would've been equally impressive if he'd dumped the effort into his own game though instead of extending the mediocre one in front of him.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together