This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steelseries Engine not detecting headset.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steelseries Engine not detecting headset.

User Info: ShuraYukihime

ShuraYukihime
2 years ago#1
New headset and mouse arrived. I plugged the mouse in, downloaded the Steelseries Engine. Installed it and everything is peachy. I open the headset plug it in. WIndows detects it. Sound plays through it. Steelseries Engine doesn't detect it.

So I uninstall the engine and reinstall it with the headset plugged in this time, thinking maybe that was an issue. No difference.

Both devices are the Diablo 3 branded ones. Not sure if that makes a difference. OS is Windows 8.1.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.

ShuraYukihime
2 years ago#2
Bump.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.

User Info: squarenixfan119

squarenixfan119
2 years ago#3
Did you restart your computer?
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2705976737.png

ShuraYukihime
2 years ago#4
squarenixfan119 posted...
Did you restart your computer?

Here is the list of things I did.
-restarted
-Tried SSE 3.2 (Which didn't recognize the mouse or headset)
-Uninstalled and reinstalled the engine with just the headset attached.
-Unplugged and replugged in the headset with the engine running and not running.
-I tried running the firmware update tool but it told me the headset was not attached.

The laptop and Windows both recognize the device. Sound plays through it. I can select it or the speakers in Windows own sound manager.

I mean ultimately it's only a minor gripe. But if you make software for devices it should work with them.

Submitting a ticket for assistance on their official site was a nightmare in it's own. Had to make an account. The verification email link failed due to "too many redirects". But I guess it worked eventually. Waiting on their response. Hoping it's not just a canned "Have you tried jiggling the cord" suggestion. (Which I did just to be safe.)

In hindsight I'm not sure if the mic functions. I didn't see a reason, or a way, to test it.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#5
I'm not familiar with Steelseries products in general, so this is just a semi-idle thought: is your headset even supported by their Engine software?
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

ShuraYukihime
2 years ago#6
Shub posted...
I'm not familiar with Steelseries products in general, so this is just a semi-idle thought: is your headset even supported by their Engine software?

It is.

http://steelseries.com/us/products/games/diablo-iii/steelseries-diablo-iii-headset

It's that one. The downloads page has the same engine if I pick the mouse or headset. (I've tried both installs in case there was a difference. There isn't.)

I'm wondering if the issue lies somewhere in Windows 8.1 as I've read the engine had issues with 8.1 for a while but had since been fixed.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steelseries Engine not detecting headset.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived