This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is 90-100 dollars normal to get a tech person to install your operating system?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is 90-100 dollars normal to get a tech person to install your operating system?
1 year ago#11
Yes, that's a fairly common price for OS installation. Depending on the person and service that may or may not include driver installation and setup as well.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
1 year ago#12
Do you already have the license? If they were providing the license that's not bad at all. From what I took though they were wanting to charge $100 just to install it which is absolutely a ripoff. Even if I charged my normal hourly rate to just stare at the screen while updates downloaded it probably wouldn't cost that much. Just doing the install though (I doubt they'd update it) takes like 10 minutes.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
1 year ago#13
If you're incompetent. then yes, it is normal.
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
1 year ago#14
That's some sitting on ass labor costs. Imagine how many of those $100 jobs someone could do in parallel. Maybe if they were doing some complicated multi-boot situation, I'd understand.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
1 year ago#15
Clearly we have a lot of folks who think businesses are charities.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
1 year ago#16
Is it normal? Yes.

Is it worth it? That depends on your finances and willingness to do it yourself.
---
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | Pokemon X: IGN: Jing | Safari: Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
NNID: StareRoe | PSN: Raftina
1 year ago#17
There's alot of stress involved with installing a os, the selecting where the os will be installed an the ensuing waiting for the os to finish installing itself is nerve wrecking.
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
1 year ago#18
It's been about 4 years since I've done it. I'm pretty sure these are the steps, correct me if I'm wrong (I honestly don't remember):

1. Put in CD
2. Press 'OK'
3. Wait
4. Good job!
1 year ago#19
Orestes417 posted...
Clearly we have a lot of folks who think businesses are charities.

$100 (or more) an hour for unskilled labor? That's ~$200,000 a year, at 40 hours a week.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
1 year ago#20
PC tech is always ludicrously expensive.

I remember being charged 50 bucks for what was essentially clearing the CMOS.

Its disgusting, honestly.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is 90-100 dollars normal to get a tech person to install your operating system?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived