This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is 90-100 dollars normal to get a tech person to install your operating system?

#81ArkonBladePosted 3/20/2014 2:01:57 AM
I should start a business installing OS's for people with out enough sense to know or look up how easy it is. Undercut every one else by half.

Easy money to just put in s DVD , enter a key , and do some clicking with a mouse.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#82dennis941012Posted 3/20/2014 3:51:10 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
I should start a business installing OS's for people with out enough sense to know or look up how easy it is. Undercut every one else by half.

Easy money to just put in s DVD , enter a key , and do some clicking with a mouse.

what if you have to buy non pirated os for a fresh install every time?
I paid $80 to reinstall window 7 on my laptop when it was fried from blackout .-.
---
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912
#83rupok93Posted 3/20/2014 5:47:38 AM(edited)
I really think this is a troll topic, there is no way someone who built themselves a pc cannot install an os. It literally takes like 2 seconds of input and then the os installs itself. I knew how to install an os before I ever knew anything about pc parts.

If it is legit, tc pc gaming is not for you, this is like the level of a mom who thinks you can carry internet (a shortcut of internet explorer) on a flash drive.
#84Ivany2008(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 8:25:32 AM
i'm sorry we can't all be as cool as you?

not everyone knows about the inner workings of a computer or how to install things properly. Not everyone cares about knowing those things. I'm sure 9/10ths of the WoW population couldn't give a damn how their computer works, as long as it runs WoW.

I buy a computer once every 6-7 years. The last company I bought one from got taken over and became garbage, so I decided to look up how to buy the parts and assemble them, just to save a few bucks.

I know how to install an operating system, just not the drivers.

Also, little side rail here, does a Soccer player need to know how the field is maintained in order to play the game? or how about a cashier. Do they need to know how the Conveyor Belt was built in order to use the machine? No. They don't. I have been playing pc games since you were probably in Diapers. I honestly don't give a damn about the inner works of my computer, as long as it runs properly.

Again, the only reason I attempted to build my machine was to save money. I used PC part picker, on advice from others on this board, Carey Holzman videos again on advice from others on this board, and will use the positive inciteful advice from this thread to finish the build.
#85DerPancakePosted 3/20/2014 8:31:23 AM(edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzI8xh5XXnw

Just watch this video, you will be able to do it by yourself and even for other people.

EDIT: Nvm carey has been recommended already...
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#86Ivany2008(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 6:41:45 PM
yeah, its done now. They ended up dropping the price to about 30 dollars which honestly isn't too bad. I can come home from work tomorrow and just do minor things to get it up and running.

So after its all said and done I'm paying a little under 300 for all thats being done to it, which isn't too bad considering the SSD I bought cost me about 210 after taxes(taxes really suck where I live)
#87daveyman23Posted 3/20/2014 6:55:51 PM
Ivany2008 posted...
i'm probably going to get either my buddy to do it, since he's into IT and that, or one of my neighbours.

why dont you listen and just do it yourself. You would be hard pressed to mess it up
#88Ch3wyPosted 3/20/2014 6:56:52 PM
Ivany2008 posted...
yeah, its done now. They ended up dropping the price to about 30 dollars which honestly isn't too bad. I can come home from work tomorrow and just do minor things to get it up and running.

So after its all said and done I'm paying a little under 300 for all thats being done to it, which isn't too bad considering the SSD I bought cost me about 210 after taxes(taxes really suck where I live)

Yeah that's not too bad at all.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#89Ivany2008(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 10:13:05 PM
Because I'm A.D.D and have Terets, thats why I don't do it myself. Stress doing something that I'm not good at affects me differently than most other people.

Putting something together which would take someone else about an hour takes me an entire day. I either lose interest in doing Project X, get distracted by something else and forget about it, or get frustrated with it to the point where I need to take a break and thus not getting back to it for a couple hours.

A.D.D causes me to get distracted very easily, and Terets makes me focus on those distractions even further, which is another reason I can so easily play 2-3 hours of video games and forget all about the important things that need to get done.
#90Lonestar2000Posted 3/20/2014 11:10:01 PM
Ivany2008 posted...
I know how to install an operating system, just not the drivers.

So you know how to put together a computer and install an OS but not that drivers? This has got to be trolling.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335