This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any games in the US like Dungeon Fighter Online?

#1RankorrPosted 3/19/2014 4:30:27 PM
Man do I miss this game. I feel like there aren't any games out there like it :( Anyways, I'm sure there's SOMETHING similar, but I just don't know it. Anyone here know of any?? A friend recommended Rusty Hearts. I've only watched a few vids, and I'll definitely download it today and try it out, but so far it doesn't look like it's very similar, hm...

To be clear too, I'm speaking more for the combat mechanics. I know there's plenty of loot hunting games out there. Combos, juggles, the ability to perform spells/abilities like it was a fighting game, all these things I really enjoyed from DFO.
#2Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 3/19/2014 5:03:23 PM
The only game I can think of, is Korean, but Continent of the Ninth is very similar, but it's 3D. It has a very heavy focus on combos and stages and it's not pay to win which is rare.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#3Fade2black001Posted 3/19/2014 5:07:52 PM
Guitar_Hero_Guy posted...
The only game I can think of, is Korean, but Continent of the Ninth is very similar, but it's 3D. It has a very heavy focus on combos and stages and it's not pay to win which is rare.

No its not. What are you smoking?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#4skychanPosted 3/19/2014 5:11:38 PM
Rankorr posted...
Man do I miss this game. I feel like there aren't any games out there like it :( I really enjoyed from DFO.

i still have 50k nx......
---
"I will thanks BlackEmac64 4ever" -skychan
#5Fade2black001Posted 3/19/2014 5:31:36 PM
I play the Chinese version of the game.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#6TNCBagTagPosted 3/19/2014 5:34:10 PM
Elsword is the closest thing sadly, and its really not that close but alot of DFO players have migrated to there.
---
PSN: ItsLags
#7Rankorr(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 5:05:02 AM
TNCBagTag posted...
Elsword is the closest thing sadly, and its really not that close but alot of DFO players have migrated to there.

I just downloaded it, so I'm going to give it a try. Thanks.

Fade2black001 posted...
I play the Chinese version of the game.

Is this fairly doable though? For someone like me who can only read English, does it take much time to get familiar with items/skills?? Obviously I've played a fair amount of DFO so there's things that would click right away, but still.
#8BannanaBomb2002Posted 3/20/2014 5:34:57 AM
Never playing a Nexon game again. I hope they go under.
#9YuniuninuniunPosted 3/20/2014 6:26:06 AM
Could try Dragon Saga/Dragonica
There's also a few rips offs like Mystic Fighter and Battle of Destiny.
---
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
#10-CJF-Posted 3/20/2014 6:45:56 AM
Haha, I used to love that game! It's a shame Nexon America had to be the one to get it. I tried cdnf with some friends but that version lags pretty bad and I don't want to go through the hassle of using a VPN. My ping is around ~250ms on all the servers and it's pretty much impossible to PvP, and that was one of the best things about the game.

No idea about replacements... maybe Mystic Fighter.