This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any games similar to the king's field series? or just good dungeon crawling

#1smoky820Posted 3/20/2014 9:03:27 AM
lately ive been in a mood to play a dungeon crawler. something that focuses on traps and enemies, and status ailments. the game being in first person or 3rd person doesnt matter to me.

i would prefer the controls to free instead of a grid based movement like old 1st person console games or legend of grimrock.

has there been anything like this in the last few years?
---
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.
#2DaedalusExPosted 3/20/2014 10:52:47 AM
You're basically describing Demon's/Dark Souls, which is the spiritual successor to King's Field.
#3MonkeymagePosted 3/20/2014 11:17:59 AM
I can't think of anything more recent than Arx Fatalis.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#4OrgeLambartPosted 3/20/2014 11:48:41 AM
lol @ Dark souls being anything similar to King's Field... King's Field was actually fun, and interesting to play Dark Souls is a joke.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#5chandl34Posted 3/20/2014 12:45:50 PM
Nice. I thought this was a dead niche genre. How does Arx compare to King's Field?
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#6popping4itPosted 3/20/2014 12:47:02 PM
that one grimmore game
---
whens mahvel?
#7BogePosted 3/20/2014 12:48:53 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
lol @ Dark souls being anything similar to King's Field... King's Field was actually fun, and interesting to play Dark Souls is a joke.

Don't listen to this guy. Dark Souls is the most enjoyable game I've played in the past 2 years.

If you haven't played it, it's exactly what you're looking for. Give it a go now, and know that Dark Souls 2 comes out April 25th. There is no reason to wait for Dark Souls 2. Enjoy Dark Souls now and then more Dark Souls later.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#8smoky820(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 1:05:07 PM
i have the 3 souls games (well im waiting for dark souls 2 to come in the mail) but i was just curious if there had been anything else that resembles the kings field games the last few years.
---
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.
#9ArkonBladePosted 3/20/2014 1:10:29 PM
smoky820 posted...
i have the 3 souls games (well im waiting for dark souls 2 to come in the mail) but i was just curious if there had been anything else that resembles the kings field games the last few years.

In the sense that it just drops you off in the middle of no where and says good luck...

not off the top of my head. Really did enjoy the first KF game though. Loved that Pheonoix fire spell. Giant flaming bird comes shooting out and then BOOM!
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#10OrgeLambartPosted 3/20/2014 5:02:14 PM
Boge posted...
OrgeLambart posted...

Don't listen to this guy. Dark Souls is the most enjoyable game I've played in the past 2 years.

If you haven't played it, it's exactly what you're looking for. Give it a go now, and know that Dark Souls 2 comes out April 25th. There is no reason to wait for Dark Souls 2. Enjoy Dark Souls now and then more Dark Souls later.

Dark souls is nothing like King's field... I mean really, he asked for games like King's Field.... Dark Souls = nothing like it.

aside from the fact that Dark Souls sucks... it's nothing like King's Field.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart