This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any games similar to the king's field series? or just good dungeon crawling

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. any games similar to the king's field series? or just good dungeon crawling
1 year ago#21
Not action like the King's Field, but Wizardry 6 - 8 are really good dungeon crawl type games.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
1 year ago#22
Clouddx posted...
Arx Fatalis w/ Arx Libertatis mod

This.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
1 year ago#23
RPGMatt posted...
I've been asking this question for a few years now. Only Demon's/Dark Souls scratched the itch somewhat. Otherwise... I don't know... Myst series??? I always placed King's Field somewhere between that and Elder Scrolls.

Yeah, you know what other game is like Myst? Mortal Kombat. I've always placed it between that and Donkey Kong.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
1 year ago#24
Oblivion with FCOM or just OOO. Might be a bit of a stretch.
---
Steam: Sydite
1 year ago#25
chandl34 posted...
RPGMatt posted...
I've been asking this question for a few years now. Only Demon's/Dark Souls scratched the itch somewhat. Otherwise... I don't know... Myst series??? I always placed King's Field somewhere between that and Elder Scrolls.

Yeah, you know what other game is like Myst? Mortal Kombat. I've always placed it between that and Donkey Kong.

Have you played King's Field? Because the PS2 one genuinely DOES remind me of Myst, if not in gameplay.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
1 year ago#26
As a huge King's Field fan, I couldn't get into Dark Souls. They have very little in common. I wish there were good PC ports of the King's Field games but I doubt it will ever happen

Might seem strange but I would suggest Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. It's faster paced than King's Field and more linear but I did get the same vibe. It's a fantastic game that got a bad wrap for a buggy launch
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
1 year ago#27
RPGMatt posted...
chandl34 posted...
RPGMatt posted...

Have you played King's Field? Because the PS2 one genuinely DOES remind me of Myst, if not in gameplay.

Right, not in gameplay... because when someone wants a 1st person action rpg, dungeon crawler, they probably don't want to be tricked into buying a still-frame, 1st person point-and-click adventure game.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
1 year ago#28
LaManoNeraII posted...
As a huge King's Field fan, I couldn't get into Dark Souls. They have very little in common. I wish there were good PC ports of the King's Field games but I doubt it will ever happen

Might seem strange but I would suggest Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. It's faster paced than King's Field and more linear but I did get the same vibe. It's a fantastic game that got a bad wrap for a buggy launch

Ohh, how could I forget about that game. Yeh definitely check it out.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
1 year ago#29
does anyone know anything about that pc kings field game creator thing? have people made anything good in that?
---
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.
1 year ago#30
Just found out that the same team that did Dark Messiah also did Arx Fatalis. I'm gonna have to check that out now, only $5 on Steam
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. any games similar to the king's field series? or just good dungeon crawling

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived