This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft should just rename My Documents to My Games

#11SpazH3dPosted 3/20/2014 2:25:06 PM
BigB0ss13 posted...
Microsoft should rename hard drives to pr0ndrives. Literally 98% of the space I used up is pr0n

Your confession has been entered in the memory banks. Thanks for your contribution.
---
- My vision is augmented
#12SPINESHANK101Posted 3/20/2014 2:29:54 PM
Psythik posted...
Ch3wy posted...
This is America, devs can put your saves in whatever folder they feel like.
Why don't they just start sticking programs in My Music, then? Your logic makes no sense.

Neither does yours. It's a document folder. Right click and make a new folder called My Games.

There you go.
---
Playing: Infamous 2
Next game on list: Uncharted 2
#13arleasPosted 3/20/2014 2:32:19 PM
Loshadt posted...
Better question, why don't games just put saves and config files in their install directory rather than cluttering the rest of the computer?

I think the idea was that it would be much easier to backup and restore one folder (with all your multitude of game saves) than to go to each individual install folder and copy the save file off somewhere safe.

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me glad any time they use the steam cloud for game saves. I don't often switch computers or reinstall my OS but when I do it's nice to know the proper save will be there without having to do anything special.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#14El MagnificoPosted 3/20/2014 2:38:42 PM
Loshadt posted...
Better question, why don't games just put saves and config files in their install directory rather than cluttering the rest of the computer?

It's so that each user can have their own configuration and saves. Putting everything in the install directory would mean all users need to share the same configuration and the same saves.

#15Marioface5Posted 3/20/2014 2:39:58 PM
The best solution I've found is to make a new folder for shortcuts to game folders and then make the original game folders hidden.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#16LoshadtPosted 3/20/2014 2:40:15 PM
El Magnifico posted...
It's so that each user can have their own configuration and saves. Putting everything in the install directory would mean all users need to share the same configuration and the same saves.

To hell with other people.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#17Orestes417Posted 3/20/2014 2:48:03 PM
El Magnifico posted...
Loshadt posted...

It's also a security nightmare. There's a reason games don't do it anymore.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#18MortalDangerPosted 3/20/2014 2:53:57 PM
I wish we could all agree on a place where every game will store its save games and every dev would stick to it. This needs to happen.
---
God Bless America.
#19WyzeGyePosted 3/20/2014 3:00:41 PM
MortalDanger posted...
I wish we could all agree on a place where every game will store its save games and every dev would stick to it. This needs to happen.

With SteamOS and Linux gaming on the rise, I feel we have a second chance at getting it right... and given the nature of Linux users, it will be done.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#20Ch3wyPosted 3/20/2014 3:09:58 PM
Psythik posted...
Ch3wy posted...
This is America, devs can put your saves in whatever folder they feel like.
Why don't they just start sticking programs in My Music, then? Your logic makes no sense.

Maybe I will stick some programs in My Music. It's my God given right.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001