This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want to water cool whole system. Need help

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/20/2014 6:15:03 PM(edited)
First step TC, you'll need at least a grand to even get started, you can do for less, but less = crap.

Do you have a grand?

Hell, the blocks and backplate for those $780 Ti will set you back $250 just for that.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#12mogexpress1Posted 3/20/2014 6:25:38 PM
surround computer with a bag of ice
replace ice when it melts
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money
#13CllerjPosted 3/20/2014 6:30:43 PM
mogexpress1 posted...
surround computer with a bag of ice
replace ice when it melts

I did that but it fried my PC. What do?
---
PSN-cllerj
I will not follow your little "honor" rules, it's a video game.
#14specter1717(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 7:07:05 PM
You know I thought building a computer was gonna be impossible at first too. I watched a couple build guides and said hey I could do this. So I went out and put myself together the computer I always wanted. So yea I have the resources and the patience to make this happen. I just need some guidance
#15WyzeGyePosted 3/20/2014 7:09:56 PM
Don't forget to water cool your Ram. Gotta get a ramsink for that... your motherboard is the one with built in water cooling isn't it?

Can't forget the hard drive blocks either.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#16Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/20/2014 7:13:15 PM
specter1717 posted...
You know I thought building a computer was gonna be impossible at first too. I watched a couple build guides and said hey I could do this. So I went out and put myself together the computer I always wanted. So yea I have the resources and the patience to make this happen. I just need some guidance

Go here

http://www.overclock.net/f/61/water-cooling

List the parts you want to cool, also draw a diagram of what you're trying to do, with that much and going based on that case, you're probably looking at a 360 radiator in the front, 240 on top w/ 2 D5 Pumps, probably need to mod the case a bit and install the res on the other side of the case, Res above pump to help bleed, install T Valve for draining, yada but they'll help you design it and steer you better than anyone here probably.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#17jakisthePosted 3/20/2014 7:23:40 PM
Get a few refrigerator units (NOT household ones, just ones for general cooling), build a waterproof compartment inside them, get it does to below -5 degrees F (to be safe) fill it with butane, and put your machine in.

Done and done.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::