This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I have a virus on my external HDD, will formating it on the Xbox 360 fix it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If I have a virus on my external HDD, will formating it on the Xbox 360 fix it?

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
2 years ago#1
Im just kinda staring at it while it whispers 'plug me in...you know you want to', but I dont want to! But yet, I have to.
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
2 years ago#2
that sounds like it would work, but I've never tried it.
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
2 years ago#3
Yes. Please, do it for my possible entertainment.
3570K (4.5 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
2 years ago#4
You could also do it on your computer if you boot into Linux.
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg

User Info: popping4it

popping4it
2 years ago#5
yes it will. unless its so sophisticated that it wrote itself into the buffer on the flash memory of the firmware but the likelihood is close to 0% since firmware has to be written specific to the device and its much more likely that the firmware would corrupt.
whens mahvel?

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
2 years ago#6
I once had a virus that rewrote the firmware on my CD-ROM drive. It would eject randomly for no reason, even after reinstalling Windows. S*** was pretty funny.
4670K | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | BitFenix Phenom M (white) | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If I have a virus on my external HDD, will formating it on the Xbox 360 fix it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived