This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stealth survival horror games?

#11SnadadosPosted 3/21/2014 12:36:59 PM
The upcoming game Daylight.
Think it comes out in a couple weeks.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#12SpazH3dPosted 3/21/2014 12:41:46 PM
matu90rk posted...
SpazH3d posted...
Teh_Dr_Phil posted...
SpazH3d posted...
The Silent Hill series could be stealth. If you walk through the game with your flashlight off. Well in Silent Hill 2.

lol

Try playing the first Silent Hill without your flashlight on during the dark segments. You'll be looking at your map every few seconds for directions. @_@

That's true, heheh. I mostly had SH2 in my head while doing the post. Some of the other Silent Hill games are pretty aggressive.

Well, I think that the gameplay in the SH games tells a story about how you can't ignore or escape your fears/darkness/inner demons.

Indeed! It's still possible to play the game like a coward, though.

Does System Shock 2 fit this thread? I'm sure you can make a stealth build.
---
- My vision is augmented
#13KaushadPosted 3/21/2014 1:01:00 PM
amnesia
silent hill 2
lone survivor
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#14biohazard1775Posted 3/21/2014 3:16:05 PM
Lone Survivor
Penumbra series and it's spiritual successor, Amnesia
Call of Cthulhu
Silent Hill Shattered Memories (on Wii though)
---
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
#15DarkshowersPosted 3/24/2014 6:37:15 AM(edited)
I would say Silent Hill is not really a stealth survival horror game and turning off the flashlight has nothing to do with it. I've beaten 1-3 so I have played them.

In a stealth game, you have to sneak around and if you are discovered you can be killed easily or overwhelmed by enemies. This is only true in a few examples of horror games like Siren and maybe Call of Cthulhu: DCOE for certain parts of the game.

In Silent Hill, if you are discovered you can easily escape enemies with little consequence or just open a door to the next room. It's even harder to escape enemies in the first RE game compared to Silent Hill.

I would say then even the first Thief game is more of a stealth survival horror since it has undead/zombies and it is a pure stealth game. The atmosphere is more frightening than many modern survival horror games these days.