This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

good diving game on steam?

#1VandelayIncPosted 3/21/2014 11:40:14 AM
is there a good (scuba) diving game on steam along the lines of endless ocean on the wii?
or something similar with focus on exploring, not action.
#2KillerTrufflePosted 3/21/2014 11:51:20 AM
I have no idea what Endless Ocean is like, but Euro Truck Simulator 2. Seriously. You explore, drive around Europe (well, the game's version of it anyway), and it actually has depth to keep you interested.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#3SinisterSlayPosted 3/21/2014 11:52:32 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
I have no idea what Endless Ocean is like, but Euro Truck Simulator 2. Seriously. You explore, drive around Europe (well, the game's version of it anyway), and it actually has depth to keep you interested.

No diving in euro truck simulator. If you do your going to get a game over.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4Ch3wyPosted 3/21/2014 11:53:20 AM
Tomb Raider: Underworld.

Terrible game overall but it has some nice diving.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#5SinisterSlayPosted 3/21/2014 11:54:11 AM
Ch3wy posted...

I'm pretty sure there was some swimming levels on super mario and donkey kong, let's include those :D
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6KillerTrufflePosted 3/21/2014 11:54:15 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

No diving in euro truck simulator. If you do your going to get a game over.

Totally read that as driving. And didn't see (scuba) mentioned in the first post. >_>

I suppose you *could* try and take your rig into the water, although I'm not sure it'll let you - not a lot of off-road options in that game, and underwater is definitely off-road.
---
#7VandelayInc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 11:54:27 AM
KillerTruffle posted...

i dont want to pick up hookers, i want to pet fish.
#8PsythikPosted 3/21/2014 11:55:06 AM
Why not just play the game in Dolphin?
---
4670K | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | BitFenix Phenom M (white) | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#9KillerTrufflePosted 3/21/2014 11:56:05 AM
In this case, check out https://www.infinitescuba.com.

Looks like exactly what you're asking for. And only $10.
---
#10Ch3wyPosted 3/21/2014 11:58:53 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Ch3wy posted...

I'm pretty sure there was some swimming levels on super mario and donkey kong, let's include those :D

I mean it's some legit diving you wear a scuba suit and everything. Really close to the beginning as well, I think all you have to do is play the intro level where everything is on fire.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001