This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is using K&M for the Batman Arkham games still very playable ?

#11AnatomyHorrorPosted 3/21/2014 12:48:01 PM
Psythik posted...
It's definitely a pad game.

It's not "definitely a pad game". What about the game makes you need a pad?

It's a third person game that works great with mouse and keyboard or a controller. I'd argue kb/m is better due to being able to bind gadgets to keys.
#12WerdnAndreWPosted 3/21/2014 12:51:13 PM
I beat all three Batman games with a KB/M even though I own a X360 controller.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#13AcquirePosted 3/21/2014 12:51:33 PM
It's playable with kb&m, but it's way better with a controller.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#14GynthaeresPosted 3/21/2014 1:23:12 PM
I definitely thought it was better with the M&K. Smoother gliding controls (though I didn't give the pad much of a chance there), much faster camera movement, more precise aiming. And lots of hotkeys, as opposed to the gamepad's annoying button combinations.

The only real advantage the gamepad has is more precise movement, which isn't important for 99% of the game.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#15InterfusorPosted 3/21/2014 1:48:48 PM
Better with kb/m but playable with pad.
---
I am not economically viable.
#16The cranky hermitPosted 3/21/2014 2:14:05 PM
I played with M&K. Having quick and precise camera turning came in very useful during the extreme combat challenges. And in the case of Arkham City, quick access to my 12 gadgets proved crucial - doing that on a gamepad with far fewer buttons has got to be more cumbersome in the long run.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
#17DieForMotherLandPosted 3/21/2014 2:33:08 PM
I'm using a gamepad kind of guy, but I just have an easier time using a M&K in this game.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara
#18BakuraGornPosted 3/21/2014 3:11:19 PM
Much like with dark souls, i played the arkham franchise with K&M and enjoyed it a lot, and when i played it with a controller it didn't feel as smooth. Play with whatever you feel comfortable, as long as you you will be fine playing with anything.
#19sonic_man00Posted 3/21/2014 3:12:18 PM
2 times better with the pad.
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#201618dudePosted 3/21/2014 3:37:52 PM
I tried with a controller... didn't like it. The keyboard/mouse setup offers you hotkeys and easy access to some of your items. I enjoyed way more playing this game with kb/m than the controller. I usually prefer playing my games with kb/m though, so there's that.

People that are saying that you should only play this game with the controller probably just didn't played well with the kb/ and assumed that everyone would share their same disability or, they are talking crap and didn't even try.

Give it a shot anyway. It's very playable and maybe, even better if you prefer this setup.