This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does this Asus motherboard work?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does this Asus motherboard work?
1 year ago#1
Building a new PC and after som feedback from the board, I think I'll end up going with an i7-4770K and a GTX 770.

So now I'm trying to find a motherboard that'll work with these two. I found two that were, apparently, quite popular: ASUS Z87-A - ATX / Z87 and ASUS Z87-PRO - ATX / Z87.

First question, do these motherboards work well with the CPU & GPU?

Second, which of these would be the better one to get? I couldn't find much difference between the two..

Edit: Also, the Asus Maximus VI Hero - ATX / Z87 were also a recommendation I got. Is that any good (in relation to the other two I mentioned in the original post)?

---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
1 year ago#2
Any PCI Express x16 video card such as a GTX 770 will work in any motherboard that has a PCI Express x16 slot, this is a non-issue.
As for the CPU, its uses socket LGA 1150, the motherboard features that socket, so basically they're designed for one another. Again, non-issue.
As a rule of thumb, except in specific situations, if a motherboard and CPU use the same socket, they will work with one another.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
1 year ago#3
Any of those are fine. If your budget can take it, get the rog board. Nice black and red color scheme, also the capacitors are 10k.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
1 year ago#4
they're all fine and will perform the same. get pro if you want wifi built in. hero for looks and epeen. A is probably the cheapest.
---
whens mahvel?
1 year ago#5
So Wifi is the only difference between the A and PRO model?
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
1 year ago#6
Vmode posted...
So Wifi is the only difference between the A and PRO model?

Go to http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Intel_Platform_Products/ then filter by Socket 1150 then check the "comparison list" check box under the boards you're interested in, to do a side-by-side comparison.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does this Asus motherboard work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived