This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does this Asus motherboard work?

#1VmodePosted 3/22/2014 11:29:01 AM(edited)
Building a new PC and after som feedback from the board, I think I'll end up going with an i7-4770K and a GTX 770.

So now I'm trying to find a motherboard that'll work with these two. I found two that were, apparently, quite popular: ASUS Z87-A - ATX / Z87 and ASUS Z87-PRO - ATX / Z87.

First question, do these motherboards work well with the CPU & GPU?

Second, which of these would be the better one to get? I couldn't find much difference between the two..

Edit: Also, the Asus Maximus VI Hero - ATX / Z87 were also a recommendation I got. Is that any good (in relation to the other two I mentioned in the original post)?

---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#2ShubPosted 3/22/2014 11:26:17 AM
Any PCI Express x16 video card such as a GTX 770 will work in any motherboard that has a PCI Express x16 slot, this is a non-issue.
As for the CPU, its uses socket LGA 1150, the motherboard features that socket, so basically they're designed for one another. Again, non-issue.
As a rule of thumb, except in specific situations, if a motherboard and CPU use the same socket, they will work with one another.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3VIP86Posted 3/22/2014 1:27:56 PM
Any of those are fine. If your budget can take it, get the rog board. Nice black and red color scheme, also the capacitors are 10k.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
#4popping4itPosted 3/22/2014 1:39:51 PM
they're all fine and will perform the same. get pro if you want wifi built in. hero for looks and epeen. A is probably the cheapest.
---
whens mahvel?
#5Vmode(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 7:54:34 AM
So Wifi is the only difference between the A and PRO model?
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#6ShubPosted 3/23/2014 8:15:44 AM
Vmode posted...
So Wifi is the only difference between the A and PRO model?

Go to http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Intel_Platform_Products/ then filter by Socket 1150 then check the "comparison list" check box under the boards you're interested in, to do a side-by-side comparison.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.