This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for headsets and keyboards, $100 and $150 budget. Options?

#1TheSuspectedPosted 3/22/2014 12:37:48 PM
I have no idea where to start. My current headset is the Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset. The sound quality was ok, and I never had issues with it when it came to communication. However, it's falling apart and it's time for something new.

A friend of mine recommended the SteelSeries Siberia v2 and it looks nice, but again, I have no clue. I would prefer the headset to support USB or come with an adapter.

As for the keyboard, I want it to be backlit and mechanical. To be honest I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance but I wanted some opinions.

Thanks for all the help.
---
PSN iD: NaRD2ndG | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg (BBCP, Dark Souls II next)
Thank You Senpai!! First 500 topic 8/13/2013
#2Kad-ManPosted 3/22/2014 12:57:52 PM
Best Mech/backlit keyboard i can recomend is a Ducky Shine with your choice of keys. Tad more expensive then your budget but 1000% worth it in the long run no cheap parts like all mainstream brands are.
#3popping4itPosted 3/22/2014 12:59:46 PM
for keyboards if they dont say mx cherry then they're the counterfeit switches.
---
whens mahvel?
#4TheSuspected(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 10:29:13 AM
Thanks for the info guys. My friend recommended Ducky Shine too.

Anyone else?
---
PSN iD: NaRD2ndG | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg (BBCP, Dark Souls II next)
Thank You Senpai!! First 500 topic 8/13/2013
#5BowsaaPosted 3/23/2014 10:50:02 AM
I use a set of Steelseries Siberia V2s myself and they're great. Comfortable. pretty good sound quality, etc. The biggest complaint that I've heard is that the mic can be somewhat quiet. But, note that you can get them for $70 on Amazon as opposed to the Steelseries site's $90.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#6SampsonMPosted 3/23/2014 10:57:09 AM
I use a Das Keyboard. I was reluctant to get it, because it wasn't backlit, but I'm a huge fan.

For headsets, your best bet is to get a solid pair of headphones in the $100-150 range, then pair it with a $10-20 clip-on mic. "Gaming headsets" are a rip-off.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby